This position is a full-time faculty & program chair role teaching both graduate and undergraduate accounting reporting to the Dean of the Bruce F. Braden School of Taxation and School of Accounting.
|Essential Functions: |
- Teach between four and eight courses per academic year in both traditional academic and online environment
- Participate in course and curricula design
- Participate in School and University governance
- Maintain academic and/or professional qualifications
- Assist with development and maintenance of relationships with Bay Area business community
- Other related duties, as assigned by the Dean of the School of Accounting
|Qualifications, Education & Experience: |
- Graduate degree in accounting or graduate degree in related field; preference given to candidate who has both professional experience and professional certification (CPA, CMA, CA, etc.)
- Preference given to those with teaching experience in accounting field
- Demonstrated ability to assist a diverse, adult-centered student population in reaching its learning objectives
- Commitment to keeping abreast of key areas facing accounting profession
- Professional experience with a major accounting firm, corporate finance department, or governmental agency
- Ability to help promote the employment opportunities of accounting graduates
- Focus on professional practice education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with staff, colleagues and students
- Prior teaching experience
|Supplemental Information: |
Golden Gate University, founded in 1901, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Please include a cover letter AND resume to be considered for employment.