|Reporting to the Director of Development, the Alumni Relations Manager will be responsible for developing, directing and managing a comprehensive alumni relations program, which creates a GGU community around the world who enthusiastically support the university as ambassadors, advocates and donors. In addition, this position will be accountable for the daily operations of Golden Gate University's alumni activities, including all communication, the discovery, initial research and record keeping of alumni, their cultivation, and the identification of meaningful opportunities for them across the university and in the community. |
The Alumni Relations Manager is a key member of the development team, working closely with members of the marketing and communications teams and other schools and departments throughout the university. He/she is the principal staff member providing individual alumni outreach, integrated alumni communications including the presence of an online community, alumni association management (with full oversight of the Alumni Board) and alumni event coordination.
| Essential Functions: |
|• Develops a plan to grow and sustain meaningful relationships between GGU and our alumni for their success and the advancement of the GGU mission. |
• Identifies, recruits and supports a large and diverse group of alumni volunteers and connecting them to opportunities and resources, including: advisory boards, public speaking, adjunct professorships, community ambassadors, student mentors, success stories and philanthropic champions among others.
• Provides staff support to the alumni board, including quarterly meetings and an annual retreat.
• Works with the communication team, schools, and other internal clients to develop and oversee a variety of communication channels -- including an online alumni community, GGU website, social media and direct marketing -- to provide updates on the university, its students and fellow alums, as well as to communicate offers of engagement.
• Oversees key alumni events and works closely with the other departments to coordinate activities as per the annual strategic priorities of the development department and GGU.
• Manages the alumni relations budget, participates in the maintenance of the alumni database and website, and is responsible for collecting class notes and updating alumni profiles.
- Other duties as assigned.
| Qualifications, Education & Experience: |
• Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate volunteers
• Ability to organize multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines
• Proven ability to design, develop, and manage programs
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Database input, management and reporting; budgeting
• Leadership, creative problem-solving, and board management
• Demonstrated independent judgment and initiative
• Fundamental understanding of the development process, including events
• Event planning
• Available to work evenings and weekends for scheduled meetings and travel occasionally
- Professional, organized, energetic, and accountable
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in marketing email communication preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required; a minimum of two years experience in fund raising and/or customer service preferred.
| Supplemental Information: |
Golden Gate University, founded in 1901, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Please include a cover letter AND resume to be considered for employment.