Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide – Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by today’s realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors don’t know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
SUMMARY: The VP of Concept Architectural Design will oversee the creation and development of design concepts, design presentation strategies, and provide creative and process leadership to the Concept Architectural design team through all design phases of projects and a variety of project types for all Creative Studio project development including but not limited to Domestic and International parks and resorts, attractions, support facilities, entertainment, and retail centers. Responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans.
- Partners and works with Senior Management presenting design information, in business development, land planning and Master planning efforts. Facilitates code reviews, software design sessions and architectural reviews. Also oversees the development design strategy to achieve quality deliverables within schedule and on the budget. Partners and Interacts with internal and external partners while representing Universal Creative at meetings and delivering presentations to executive management and other team members.
- Oversee architectural design efforts of all new projects. Directs the early facility design efforts. Responsible for the planning and development of Domestic and International parks master planning.
- Responsible for approving design staff work, and may serve as designer for more complex or larger projects. Oversees and manages in-house and external architectural designers/partners ensuring all of the facilities are being designed to meet all of the project requirements (aesthetics, technical, budget, schedule and competencies). Oversee the Architecture and Concept Design team during the early design phases of project development.
- Responsible for managing professional firms to include: Land Planning, Building Architecture, Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Soil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communication Systems and Food Facilities, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture and Legal Counsel.
- Drives and identifies requirements for outside design resources, forecasts resource requirements for each phase of a contract, and develops a corresponding budget. Presents status of the project and other outside Architecture and Engineering design efforts to senior leadership.
SCOPE: Oversees and manages the Architectural and Concept Design for all attractions and projects developed by the Creative Studio and others as assigned. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that scope. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Responsible for Communicating architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies.