Lookingglass Theatre Company, recipient of the 2011 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theater, is a national leader in the creation and presentation of new, cutting-edge theatrical works and in sharing its ensemble-based theatrical techniques with Chicago-area students and teachers through a wide array of Education and Community Programs, reaching more than 40,000 audience members and 5,000 students each Season.
Lookingglass is guided by an artistic vision centered on the core values of collaboration, transformation, and invention. Lookingglass seeks to change, charge, and empower artists and audiences alike and to make theatre exhilarating, inspirational, and accessible to all.
Lookingglass propels its unique mission through three core activities: the creation and development of new theatrical work; the staging of world-premiere new work and existing plays in its 200-seat, fully configurable theatre; and the creation and delivery of unique educational and community programs.
The Major Gifts Officer is a new position for the Lookingglass development team. This team member will provide significant support in the creation and development of a portfolio of potential individual leadership level donors, reporting to the Director of Development.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for securing philanthropic support from a portfolio of individual donor prospects determined to have the ability to make major
and multi-year gifts (defined as gifts of $10,000 or more).
The Major Gifts Officer will manage a portfolio of 75-125 individuals, including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding the gifts and coordinates her/his activities with those of other departments as needed. Specific responsibilities of the positon include:
- Build professional relationships with members of the Board of Directors, volunteers, and major donors to understand their interests and areas of expertise, and to facilitate their meaningful engagement at Lookingglass.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle, moving potential donors in an appropriate and timely way toward solicitation closure and ongoing stewardship
- Identify potential prospects independently, and in partnership with volunteers and donors:
- Develop appropriate engagement strategies, including working with volunteers
- Support staff and volunteer leadership best positioned to make contact with the prospect or make contact directly
- Prepare proposal and presentation materials
- Participate in solicitations when appropriate
- Serve as the point of contact for donors, addressing their questions and needs
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors and report on fulfillment of promises made
- Work with the Events and Major Gifts Associate to document in a timely manner all prospect contacts to create institutional memory and ensure strong donor relations
- Work collaboratively with other members of the development team, lending guidance and support as needed or as team priorities shift
Salary commensurate with experience, and includes a competitive benefits package.
Lookingglass Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered, please send cover letter, resume, and must include salary history and/or requirement via email to:
Jennifer Bienemann, Director of Development,
Lookingglass Theatre Company, Administrative Offices
John Hancock Center, 875 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1430
Chicago, IL 60611
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE