| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK's Design and Construction team (D+C) is seeking an Associate, Equipment & Logistics. Design + Construction is committed to excellence in planning, designing and constructing facilities that support the Center’s mission. To accomplish this, D+C must successfully implement capital projects with close collaboration between physicians, scientists and staff by establishing a standard of quality in construction management.
The Associate position directly supports and assists the Manager for Procurement & Logistics in Design + Construction projects, and its functions of driving innovative logistics & relocation process improvements, cost reduction, collaborative strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinating project procurement and delivery. Also critical in this role is the coordination of moves and relocations.
- Coordinate procurement and equipment/product delivery for Design + Construction projects; help drive innovative process improvements, procurement/delivery opportunities offering cost/value efficiencies, assist in collaborative strategic sourcing and delivery initiatives; present alternative sources, processes, and options that may offer project benefits.
- Understand core equipment/product and service needs of projects and end users and coordinate the procurement, processing, storage and delivery of such equipment/products.
- Interface daily with Design + Construction Project Managers, Corporate Procurement, consultants and end users.
- Serve as move/relocation coordination liaison for PLM between Design+ Construction Project Managers and assists in providing long & short-term relocation planning, and developing relocation strategies and critical paths in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs current literature in-service meetings and workshops.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or an Associate's degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project), Oracle Unifier, Archibus, and CAD-viewing applications.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Ability to produce strategic project management reports in Unifier Software.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.