Chief Engineer - The Inn at Villanova University
Posting Number: 20171293S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the entire 4-Diamond style Inn & Conference Center property, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment with particular attention towards safety, guest satisfaction, security and asset protection. In addition, the person is accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. The Chief Engineer is a working position with a large portion of his/her time spent working, training and leading the Maintenance Mechanics and Housekeeping personnel in general cleaning and sanitation, preventative maintenance, general repairs, projects and tasks while exceeding the highest quality standards. The other time of his/her time is spent completing duties supporting this work such as project management, completing inventories, ordering parts and supplies, and making/seeking project recommendations with management. Must be highly motivated, and able to anticipate the needs of the facility. Must be knowledgeable of all building systems and sanitation and safety standards, including emergency systems, and make sound decisions regarding their maintenance and integrity.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To oversee installs, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyers, belts, fans, HVAC, etc. Maintains a work ticket program (CMMS) ensuring timely completion and closure.
- Lead the team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules.
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities and work tickets for guest/meeting rooms, public areas, grounds, parking lots, and any other part of the property.
- Provides technical assistance and preventive maintenance suggestions for team members on the systems and equipment of their respective departments.
- Provides training on procedures and proper use of safety equipment and safety programs. Oversees all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Required to carry a cell-phone and be on call for emergencies and technical assistance during on and off-hours.
- Training and empowering team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions.
- Coordinating visits of service providers and contractors, inspecting their work.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- A technical degree or minimum 3-5 years equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Expert knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the Inn building and major mechanical and utility systems. Familiarity with OSHA regulations, environmental laws, and Federal, State and Local Laws with an understanding of how they impact plant operations. Knowledge of all aspects of operations and building systems. Read, interpret and follow architectural and general engineering drawings, schematics and specifications as well as manufacturers installation and maintenance documentation.
- 3-5 years or more years at supervisory level and Chief Engineer experience strongly desired. Background should include experience with in house forces as well as contractors, including those in the building trades.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with standard computer applications required.
- Expert knowledge of facility major mechanical systems, HVAC, and plumbing systems is required. Expert knowledge of steam plants operations and distribution systems desired.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Using manual and powered tools with ability to drive truck.
- Exposure to noise, confined spaces, dust and dirt.
- Must be able to climb ladders, to bend and reach and to lift up to 60 pounds.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 03/10/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10850
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency