| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Joint Office Strategic Planning. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Planning Associate supports the development of business and strategic plans, and provides general staff support to the Asst. Dean/Executive Director and Planning Managers of the Office through research, analysis and maintenance of data and information, preparation of reports and coordination of planning effort
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends and documents information gathering meetings and other meetings with WUSM, BJH/SLCH or other entity personnel and faculty as appropriate
- Gathers and analyzes strategic planning data from departments and Washington University Medical Center hospitals for strategic planning reports.
- Utilizes computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Mappoint) to analyze data and create reports and presentations.
- Prepares drafts of narratives, research materials, tables, analyses, and other materials for review and inclusion in written planning documents. Periodically updates planning documents.
- Completes research and benchmarking studies.
- Conducts strategic planning interviews with departmental faculty, community providers, and hospital administration as assigned by Manager or Director and compiles summaries.
- Assists in compiling and writing strategic planning reports and in developing financial pro formas.
- Provides staff assistance in other strategic planning projects as assigned.
- Interfaces with the planning, finance and marketing staff at each of the Medical Center hospitals as needed.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of standard strategic and business planning tools, including templates, databases, etc.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred (MBA, MHA, MPH).
- Excellent analytical skills highly preferred.
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience, preferably one year in strategic planning, business development, consulting or related area.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated positive, proactive and organized work style and a team orientation.
The hiring range for this position is $48,339 - $62,836 annually.
The Joint Office of Strategic Planning (JOSP) oversees and coordinates clinical strategic planning between Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes Jewish Hospital/St. Louis Children’s Hospital, and is responsible for the preparation of planning and program analyses and clinical business/financial plans in support of our shared goals. JOSP provides high level staff support to leadership to evaluate the development and expansion of clinical and academic programs, including strategic plan and/or business plan formation, data analysis and interpretation, implementation plan development and plan evaluation.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G11.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.