The primary role of the to-be-named research assistant will be to assist in the human data acquisition protocol. (S)He will assist in recruitment activities and health and safety (pre)screenings for experimental procedures, and scheduling of research participants for testing. (S)He will play an active role during experimental task administration and assist with (pre)processing of the data for analyses. The Research Assistant will provide data entry of forms, will assist with the application of non-invasive brain stimulation, and be involved with data entry and storage in comprehensive, password-protected files. The Research Assistant is responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of research data and serves as the main point of contact for the research participants enrolled in the project(s).
- Required: Bachelors of Arts/Science in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, or related field (other degrees considered based on research experience).
- Laboratory research experience with human participants through academic training or previous work experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a clinical setting (i.e., psychiatric hospital, psychology clinic, etc.) or research laboratory is preferred.
- Knowledge of specialized computer software (i.e. Endnote, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) word processing and email systems and electronic databases including PubMed and Medline.
- Basic knowledge of data analyses programs (e.g. SPSS) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbally and in writing are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of experimental research methodology is required.
- Knowledge of clinical research procedures and ethics is preferred, including participant confidentiality and data security.
- Willingness and ability to work in different locations is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications is required.
- Must have own transportation.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, take initiative, and efficiently communicate with the research team is required.
Background check and education verification required
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-13-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.