The instructional designerâ??s primary responsibility is to ensure the on-time production of engaging, easy to use, fully functional online courses to provide an outstanding learning experience for the student. A key component of the position is to build positive and productive relationships with faculty and subject matter experts in order to successfully partner with and guide them through the process of converting curricular content into an online or blended course format. The ID works as part of a team of instructional designers, digital media producers, and others responsible for online and blended course or program design, development, delivery, and evaluation using best practices in online pedagogy and instructional design.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The on-time production, development and delivery of high-quality online courses using the most effective and appropriate technology and media paired with best practices in online instructional design and pedagogy.
Support online learning and innovation teamâ??s commitment to excellence by continually identifying ways to improve online and blended learning experiences, courses and overall program; participates in learning opportunities to ensure continual course improvement.
Ensure high quality student learning experience as course is conducted.
Communicates and collaborates effectively with internal and external peers and colleagues.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required; masterâ??s preferred
- Experience and/or formal education in adult learning pedagogy, instructional design, educational technology, etc. expected
- 3-5 years of instructional design experience required
- Demonstrated expertise in online/web-based or media-rich curriculum/content design, development and delivery required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Strong writing, oral, and instructional communications skills
- Strong reporting, briefing and demonstration abilities
- Ability to develop congenial and productive relationships in order to work effectively with others
- Time management skills, the ability to work both independently and as part of a group
- Excellent interviewing, listening, and interpretation skills
- Ability to perform analysis and seek solutions for continuous improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and operate in complex campus environment, and create a professional network across campus offices
- Technical skills, including: learning management systems, web tools and resources, flash/video/audio/imaging tools, basic desktop software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, calendaring, project management tools.
BACKGROUND CHECK: Criminal, Education
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-15-07:00
Job Posting Title:Instructional Designer, Online Learning & Innovation
Department:School of Professional Studies
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.