Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Leads high-performing relationship management, support and strategy in tandem with Access, Patient Care Center (PCC) and Department leadership. Works with PCCs to share patient access performance measures and establish shared priorities, goals and approaches to better serve a patientâs ability to access care at Vanderbilt. Understands and analyzes operational procedures, patient access to care processes and reporting needs. Collaborates with organizational leadership and subject matter experts on how best to shape requests and develop an approach that aligns with enterprise goals. Ensures issues, service recovery needs and escalations are managed effectively and that changes are made with clear reference to the aligned priorities of the PCC and Access. Position does not have direct reports.
- Strong initiative, dynamic learner, highly collaborative, self-starter, results oriented
- Proactive problem solver with solid negotiation and influence skills
- Excellent verbal, written, professional communication skill
- Proven planning, follow up, and task management skills
- Promote, advocate and affect change across matrix organization
- Strong technical ability in computer systems, specifically MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills
- Responsible for balance and prioritization around shared PCC and access goals with accountability to PCC strategic plans
- Serves as the main point of contact for clinics, providers, and patient access and shares current performance, improvement initiatives, progress and challenges
- Understand clinic operations to identify and resolve challenges associated with patientâs access to care
- Builds and manages strategic partnerships with PCC customers to translate enterprise strategy into one-year and multi-year service and capability roadmaps
- Manage specific PCC initiatives and works within Patient Access Services to improve various processes including, but not limited to, Provider Time Away, patient reschedules; scheduling template management, after-hours service issues, patient communications, new provider or access team member onboarding, accurate scheduler training documentation
- Leads collaborative Clinic and Access efforts to maintain scheduling guidelines and coordinate the quarterly review process of guidelines
- Works directly within and throughout all layers of the Care Connections patient contact center educate, implement improvements and operationalize processes
- Anticipates concerns from different constituencies, styles and finds mutually beneficial solutions across issues of a sensitive nature
- Achieves endorsement from PCC and Access leadership for process and service quality improvements and leads with shared sponsorships for priority initiatives
- Creates and manages project and change management plans to effectively implement and sustain new initiatives through the use of clearly defined success measures and data; manages initiatives to closure
- Serves as a critical team member to provide direct, hands-on support to improvement initiatives
- Leverages relationships and insight to forecast potential future needs and influence achievement of shared goals
- Provides ongoing feedback and development discussions to motivate and support team members to maximize performance and customer expectations
- Develops and delivers formal presentations to PCC, provider and Access leadership teams
- Participates in roundtable discussions with the Customer Relationship Manager team to share best practices and collectively drive improvement
- Bachelorâs degree
- 5+ years of experience with training, customer service management, project management, process improvement or other applicable experience
- Computer proficiencies: Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Excel), project management tools (MS Project or similar)
- Masterâs degree, LEAN, customer satisfaction, healthcare operations in an academic medical center, practice management and/or patient access operations
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 to learn more about our services and facilities.