About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
This tenure-track faculty position may be filled at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank in Tenure-track
1) Provide diagnostic Veterinary Pathology Service to include necropsy and surgical biopsy duty.
2) Provide pathology instruction for DVM students.
3) Train Anatomic Pathology residents that includes participating in advanced general and systemic pathology courses.
4) Actively participate in weekly histopathology seminar and gross pathology rounds.
5) Participate in independent and collaborative research.
6) Adhere to the responsibilities of the faculty as described by the Faculty Handbook (www.provost.vt.edu/fhb.html)
A research and publication track record in a research focus area of the college, ideally within the
areas of: a) Infectious Diseases, b) Inflammatory/regulatory disorders(including cancer) or c) Translational/regenerative medicine. There will be opportunities to develop independent and collaborative research programs within and outside the Veterinary Medicine College including at various life sciences-oriented Institutes. Please see web links below.
D.V.M. or equivalent
Diplomate of A.C.V.P. (or ECVP) or board eligible
Excellence in research scholarship.
1) Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a collaborative team member.
2) Previous teaching experience.
Employee Category: Instructional/Research Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Accessibility at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 04/01/2017