About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Director for Capital Construction and Renovations, the Renovations Project Manager will provide oversight for non-capital renovations and construction projects. This will include management of an executed long-term service contract with an outside entity to perform total project management services for non-capital renovation and construction projects valued up to $2M. Projects that fall under this contract include renovations, minor construction, building repair/alterations and major equipment repair or replacement for the university.
- Advanced degree in business, building construction, engineering/architecture or related fields; OR training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree.
- Significant experience managing major building construction and/or renovation contracts/projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing, multi-skilled technical groups and engineers.
- Experience with construction project cost estimating.
- Knowledge of city/state building codes, ASHRAE standards.
- Must be detail oriented and computer proficient.
- Strong communication skills and a proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects, excellent organizational and delegation skills, and ability to work collaboratively in a diverse organization.
- Must be available to provide support during planned events or emergency situations to include being physically on site if deemed necessary.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Related experience in a large, complex organization.
- Experience working with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or computerized work order system.
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 04/04/2017