Position Announcement: Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Northeastern Junior College is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Assistant Women's Basketball Coach. This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Basketball Coach with the day to day functions of the basketball team. Duties may also include recruiting, developing practice plans, coordinating travel, scheduling and other assignments as prepared by the head coach and/or athletic director. Candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, work well with others in a team setting, and possess knowledge and experience coaching basketball.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to David Huss, Head Women's Basketball Coach at (970) 520-7442 or e-mail to: email@example.com. For more information about NJC, see the college web site at: http://www.njc.edu and to apply please visit https://njc.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Note you need to upload a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts when you first apply in order to be considered for this position.
- Assist the head coach with all practice & game sessions to include:
- Teach proper basic skills to student-athletes for their successful participation in the sport.
- Develop current skill level and knowledge-base of student-athletes to perform at a collegiate level.
- Demonstrate game strategies to student-athletes.
- Responsible for team building with the student-athletes in the respective sport.
- Instruct student-athletes in proper weight training techniques for their particular sport.
- Instruct proper safety techniques to the student-athlete and oversee the game and practice facilities are safe and set up properly.
- Create & review with the student-athletes academic schedules with the guidance of the head coach and academic advisor.
- Supervise, plan and organize study hall for student-athletes.
- With the assistance of the head coach, plan, organize and teach team and individual camps.
- Abide by all policies as outlined in the Northeastern Coaches Operating Handbook.
- Abide by all rules as outlined in the NJCAA Handbook.
- Assist in providing proper guidance regarding class attendance and student code of conduct with student/athletes under your direction.
- Must report all incidents, whether directly or indirectly, that you become aware regarding Civil Rights, which includes all sexual misconduct incidences, to the Equal Opportunity/Title IX Coordinator for the College.
- Assist in the development of student training and awareness programming for the athletic team regarding unlawful discrimination and harassment prevention, which includes sexual misconduct, in collaboration with the Equal Opportunity/Title IX Coordinator for the College as well as the College Athletic Director.
- Assist in the development of primary prevention and awareness programs for the athletic team for incoming students as well as ongoing prevention and awareness campaigns pursuant to the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act on dating and domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking, in collaboration with College staff responsible with overseeing Clery Act compliance.
Other duties as assigned include:
- Report all game results immediately following competition to AD & Asst AD.
- Report all game stats to the NJC website which then will automatically report to the region and national websites. (results posted within 1 hr/ stats within 24 hrs)
- Assist with the recruitment and recommendation of student-athletes to the respective team.
- Assist with the physical arrangements for all home events as needed.
- Assist the head coach with game management of assigned sport as needed.
- Serve as the head coach for the sport program should the Head Coach be unavailable. This will be at the direction of the Athletic Director.
This job description listed is meant as a guideline and, in absence of specific direction, I understand that I must make reasonable decisions and must act on those decisions to ensure that the NJC Event Center goals are met.
Review of complete applications will be on-going. Position will remain open until filled. Complete application packet to consist of the following which must be done and uploaded to Applicant Pro upon initial application round:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications and committing to expectations
- Completed Applicant Pro application
- College transcripts from an accredited college or university (unofficial copies acceptable during application process), if applicable
- Complete resume
- Release Authorization (for background check if offered position)
Application files not containing the above documentation will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee. Please visit our Applicant Pro website to apply at https://njc.applicantpro.com/jobs/
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: Northeastern Junior College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, programs or employment practices. If you believe that any of the factors above have entered into the consideration of your application for employment, please contact the Northeastern Junior College Director of Human Resources at (970) 521-6730 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is Northeastern Junior College's procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history and credit check. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
If you are covered by the Address Confidentiality Program, CRS 24-21-201 through 24-21-214, please notify the HR Office listed on this announcement so that you are provided the appropriate time extension for notifications provided by U.S. mail. The extension allowed under this program applies only to U.S. mail notifications that include a deadline of 10 days or less.
All materials received become the property of Northeastern Junior College and will not be returned. The State of Colorado must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act/1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired. Colorado fiscal rules require all new employees to be on direct deposit.
For information regarding the security of Northeastern Junior College, including crime statistics for the Northeastern Junior College campus and surrounding area, please see the Crime Statistics at http://www.njc.edu/Publications. For a hard copy report please contact 970-521-6657.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Travel and/or relocations expenses are the responsibility of the candidate and are not reimbursed by the College.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Northeastern Junior College, one of 13 member-colleges of the Community Colleges of Colorado, lies in the rural northeastern Colorado town of Sterling. The community of approximately 13,000 residents enjoys easy access to Denver, the Rocky Mountains and the western-agricultural lifestyle. Northeastern Junior College enrolls approximately 1,000 full-time and 2,500 part-time students through 90 majors in associate degree and certificate programs. As a residential campus with five halls accommodating 450+ students, the college attracts students from throughout Colorado, many states and several foreign countries. Approximately 55 full-time and 25 part-time faculty comprise the teaching staff.
"Northeastern Junior College is a comprehensive two-year institution that is committed to providing excellence in learning, training, and service. We strive to produce skilled and knowledgeable students who transfer successfully and enter the workforce productively. We strive to enrich the quality of lives through affordable and accessible learning opportunities."