Middle School Math Teacher 2017-2018
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Please apply online by sending a resume to email@example.com.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a Middle School Math teacher for the 2017-2018 Academic year. This is a full-time position, teaching in the classroom and participating in the Sacred Heart community. This position will teach grades six through eight.
Required qualifications include three years of teaching experience at a middle school, preferably a Catholic or independent school, a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Math, Education, or a related field and a passion for teaching math to middle school students.
Preferred qualifications include a Masters Degree in Math, Education, or a related field, and a teaching credential. The successful candidate will have strong demonstrated experience teaching Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Geometry to middle school students. The ideal candidate will also have some experience with Singapore style instruction and/or Math in Focus or a comparable curriculum., and a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. SHS is comprised of two divisions: SHS Preschool through Middle School (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. SHS employs over 300 full and parttime women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives needbased tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into fouryear colleges.
Required Knowledge and Skills for All Teaching Positions at SHS:
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior modeled on it.
• Strong teaching ability; enjoy working with children and adolescents.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community.
• Obvious passion for the academic subject matter being taught.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion.
• Willingness to adapt to an existing curriculum as well as contribute ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Required Knowledge and Skills Particular to this Position:
• One to three years of teaching Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Geometry at the middle school level.
• BA in Math, Education, or a related field required, MA and/or teaching credential strongly preferred.
• Experience with/solid understanding of the Common Core Standards in Mathematics.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
To Apply: Please do not contract the school by phone, in person or by email to ask additional questions or address your material to any other addresses other than the ones below.
You MUST indicate MS Math Teacher 17-18
Or, you may mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: MS Math Teacher 17-18
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency