|The Associate Registrar for Registration and Transfer Articulation is responsible for the direct oversight and administration of the Registration and Transfer Articulation units within the Office of the University Registrar. This position is responsible for all registration set up including rules, configuration, student appointment times and dates, as well as registration support services and coordination with the University Academic Calendar. The position is also responsible for coordinating the HR related activities of the OUR. The individual in this position is expected to function with a high degree of professionalism, discretion, autonomy, and with minimal supervision. |
|Educational Requirements: |
|Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of coursework, training, and experience. A master’s degree is preferred. |
|Minimum Requirements: |
- At least seven years of experience with increasing responsibility in higher education academic administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and proficiency with personal computers and relevant software applications
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations affecting academic institutions including FERPA, ADA, HEA, etc.
- Demonstrated success with continuous process improvement initiatives and professional knowledge of best practices in academic records and registration, transfer articulation, budget and accounting practice, human resources management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and collaboratively in a diverse and fast moving office environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a fast learner and a fast starter in a continuously evolving technological environment
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base
|Preferred Requirements: |
- Experience working in a Registrar's Office
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, Informer and MicroStrategy systems
|Additional Information: |
|Incumbent is expected to remain abreast of best practices in the industry that may require occasional travel to professional conferences both regionally and nationally. |
Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.