The Oregon Medical Physics Program (OMPP) is a CAMPEP accredited graduate program in medical physics, graduating both MS and PhDs, in both therapeutic and diagnostic imaging physics. This position is a 1.0 FTE academic faculty position for an experienced therapeutic medical physicist. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of clinical experience as a clinical physicist in radiation therapy physics and be interested in teaching, curricular development and research. This physicist will have an academic home in Radiation Medicine at OHSU, but will report directly to the director of the graduate program in medical physics and to the School of Medicine at OHSU.
This position is an Professorial Track role for Medical Physics Program and Radiation Therapy Program courses. This person will carry out all duties implied of the instructor of a course at OHSU, (lecturing, grading, examinations, evaluations, office hours, etc.).
The candidate must also have demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other senior leaders, faculty, staff, students and alumni, as well as external constituents. This medical physicist must possess a clear understanding of the importance of diversity for an academic health center and the ability and skill to help lead the institution towards achieving its strategic goals for diversity and inclusion.
Academic Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Teaching in the Medical Physics graduate (MS and PhD) program. (Teaching)
- Teaching in the Radiation Therapy Technologist (BS degree) program. (Teaching)
- Academic and research advising of individual students in both the MP and RTT programs. (Research)
- Program administration, inclusive of participation on committees within the MP and RTT, and throughout OHSU. (Service)
- Developing and implementing curricula that fosters professional values, instills life-long learning, and promotes student development of competencies in critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Developing intellectual skills such as the ability to apply fundamental theory to practice, assess situations and make appropriate judgments, interact effectively in culturally diverse world, and increase knowledge through continuing education* Designs and delivers programmatic and core courses
- Providing students with timely and supportive academic, behavioral, and clinical advisement
Job Requirements/Required Qualifications:
- Doctoral Degree preferred; Master’s Degree required,
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience. Board certification preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in curriculum design, evaluation, instruction and counseling program administration.
- Must have excellent communication skills, excellent community building skills, proven assessment skills, self-directed, and an enthusiastic and positive attitude.