As a key member of the Executive Team and under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Associate Executive Vice President, Program Services is responsible for the design and implementation of programs that assist people getting better as quickly as possible. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of all aspects of the service delivery operations of the corporation and its affiliates. This position is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of agency policies and procedures as well as annual goals and objectives, outcomes and for service-delivery program management of the corporation. The Chief Program Officer coordinates with the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Information Officer and the Chief Quality Assurance and Corporate Compliance Officer as appropriate to insure effective and efficient company operations.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Senior Vice President, Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities Services/Executive Director, ICL Joselow House, Inc.; Senior Vice President, Transitional Services; Senior Vice President, Treatment and Recovery Services.; Senior Vice President, Residential Services; and Associate Vice President Central Access.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the agency.
- Administration of overall day-to-day operation of corporate and affiliate service delivery programs including but not limited to:
- The day-to-day implementation and accomplishment of the annual management plan pertaining to program services as approved by the Board of Directors;
The day-to-day implementation of the annual budget, including monitoring, evaluating, and appropriately responding to reports involving revenue generation, revenue collection and expenses;
- The day-to-day implementation of the annual budget, including monitoring, evaluating, and appropriately responding to reports involving revenue generation, revenue collection and expenses;
- Monitoring and evaluating compliance with service delivery-related contracts taking appropriate action to ensure compliance;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality and outcomes of program services and promoting continuous quality improvement by striving to implement evidence-based and best practice business and service delivery processes wherever possible and feasible;
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation standards and agency policies and procedures;
- Allocating resources as necessary and feasible to maintain or improve program effectiveness and efficiency;
- Coordinating and conducting productivity reviews with Administrative/ Finance/Program Operations staffs, taking action as appropriate.
- Ensuring that SVPs have the skills and tools to manage all program and business functions of their Divisions.
2. Serve as liaison with other organizations as appropriate, such as the New York State Office of Mental Health, New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and other federal and state agencies involved in the funding or regulatory oversight of programs operated by the corporation.
3. Provide information, advice, and counsel to the Chief Operating Officer in the creation of program service delivery objectives, policies and procedures, and the strategic direction of the corporation.
4. Supervise: Senior Vice President, Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities Services/Executive Director, ICL Joselow House, Inc.; Senior Vice President, Transitional Services; Senior Vice President, Treatment and Recovery Services.; and Senior Vice President, Residential Services. Supervision includes but is not limited to: Planning, assigning and directing of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
5. Participate in strategic planning for design and implementation of clinical programming to meet needs of people served, including coordination and preparation of responses to Requests for Proposals.
6. Represent ICL at various outside meetings as assigned.
7. Attend and chair/co-chair all meetings as assigned. This includes serving as a member of affiliate boards of directors.
8. Perform other executive management tasks as assigned.