Missouri Institute of Mental Health
University of Missouri-St. Louis
Assistant Research Professor
Lead Evaluator for the Missouri Opioid Crisis Grant
Missouri stands to receive a $20 million SAMHSA grant over two years to conduct a state targeted response to the opioid crisis (short title: Opioid STR). The grant will be overseen by the Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health, and be administered and evaluated by a team at the Missouri Institute of Mental Health – University of Missouri, St. Louis. Project activities will include developing and expanding efforts related to prevention, treatment, and recovery of opioid use and consequences, with a focus on increasing access to evidence-based medication assisted treatment of opioid use disorder. The Lead Evaluator will be responsible for designing and conducting the evaluation activities for the award, including local performance assessments and overall assessment of clinical and cost effectiveness of grant initiated activities. This individual will work closely with both the MIMH team and the Division of Behavioral Health Research Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and coordinate evaluation projects related opioid use disorder treatment
- Supervise the completion of quarterly reports for participating treatment providers
- Formulate and investigate research questions that will yield maximum clinical impact in the field of opioid addiction and substance use disorder treatment
- Participate as a team member in state and federal reporting of grant activities
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with funders, partners, and staff
- PhD in psychology, public health, education, social work, health economics, or related fields
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Sufficient familiarity in qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Adept at cleaning, managing, and exploring large databases to define and answer research questions
This position is a long-term, career opportunity. Funding will be guaranteed for at least a minimum period with expectation of annual renewal.
Reporting Lines: The Assistant Research Professor will report directly to Dr. Rob Paul, Director of MIMH.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, twelve-month renewable contract.
Guidelines: The Collected Rule and Regulations of the University of Missouri System.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: No extraordinary physical demands; position requires use a computer to analyze data, communicate with clients and write reports; some travel will be involved.