Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The Event Coordinator 3 provides technical assistance to coordinate and organize media, events, and the website for Career Services. This position creates, develops, and implements programs designed to connect students with employers. This position is the liaison between Career Services, students, employers, and faculty in regards to events designed to provide opportunities for students (upon graduation) and external employers.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Event Support and Marketing:
- Organizes and coordinates all career fairs and events, directing and checking work of staff and student employees
- Assists with promotional marketing/event materials for department, using photographs and videos.
- Formulates and designs layout of materials and submits for final review to supervisor or director
- Assists Program Coordinator with Education Fair and Employer Outreach Liaison with other career events throughout the year
- Provides programs and events to help connect students with employers
- Plans and prepares recruiting calendar and establishes event dates
- Coordinate and collaborate with CWU departments and faculty in the coordinator of special events, fairs, speakers, career development programs and panels and experiential field trips
- Host employers on campus and facilitates their involvement with students, staff and faculty
- Coordinate event and recruiting marketing/publicity activities
- Track participants at events and produces reports to target markets for future events
- Prepares and maintains administrative and business reports, records, comprehensive work plans, summaries and recommendations for all events
- Assists with employer recruitment and development for all CWU colleges
- Maintains database of employers (corporate, government, school districts, graduate schools) and creates and maintains information and postings on database system
- Serves as secondary contact point for all employers accessing Career Services
- Coordinates and schedules on-campus interviewing for employment and internships for all campuses
- Schedules employer presentations and recruiting
- Markets CWU and its graduates to potential employers and CWU constituents
- Communicates with students and campus community promoting career opportunities and the variety of services available
- Develop relationships with faculty for collaboration in outreach to students and faculty
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations to encourage alumni to utilize Career Services
- Prepare and present information and workshops to CWU students, employers, clubs, classes and community groups
- Develops publications and communications that market the department
- Orders and coordinates all food services for events
- Inspects meeting/venue areas for use
- Oversees and supervises the registration system for all events and day of logistics
- Reviews evaluations and comments of groups to monitor quality of service
- Discusses/resolves issues/problems with operations and management of facilities used
- Supports west side staff and events
- Coordinates and controls purchase of supplies and products necessary for production of events and activities
- Monitors event and recruitment budgets, reviews income, expenses, statistical, and budget status reports, provides status information to director
- Direct the responsibilities of Career Services office staff and volunteers for main campus events
Website, Technology and Research:
- Researches upgrades in technology, products, entrepreneurial ideas, trends in Career Development
- Photographs and creates video tapes, edits for website, selects and adds music, works with university constituents for advertising
- Manages Content Management System for website, adding and updating information, screens, design where appropriate
- Coordinates with university web master to troubleshoot, participate in in-services trainings
- Manages all departmental social networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, any blogs, Twitter account, podcasts, video clips
- Designs web content and works with affiliated software
- Collaborates with webmaster to maintain integrity of website security
- Participates as a member of departmental technology committee
- Coordinates Professional Clothing Closet
- Prepares budget requests and provides budgetary advice and information to higher level staff
-Trains staff and campus on use of database
-Uses Pro Card to buy office supplies
-Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Event coordinating experience
- Progressive office experience including using software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Power-Point to prepare correspondence and reports
- Experience using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with fiscal management systems, budgetary and fiscal transactions
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellence in written and oral communication focusing on attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and Administrative Management, Business Administration, or a related field associated with the assigned area
- Experience in higher education, particularly Career Services
- Experience and/or familiarity with database software Symplicity, CSO, PeopleSoft and/or FMS
- Experience with web development software in design, graphic layout, troubleshooting website difficulties and updating web pages
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2,724/month with periodic increases up to $3,541/month
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / PSE Bargaining Unit 4 |
| Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 26, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Vicki Sannuto
Phone: (509) 963-1921
Website: Career Services
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of Washington (PSE) bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
The seniority date for the selected applicant shall be set in accordance with Article 43.2 of the Public School Employees (PSE) collective bargaining agreement.