| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Department of Neurological Surgery provides comprehensive patient care services, from diagnosis through treatment. In existence since 1919, the Department offers its services at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital, both nationally recognized for excellence. Both hospitals are the most technologically advanced in the region, offering patients the latest in diagnosis and treatment.
Position provides support to fast paced neurosurgery division by scheduling patient appointments and obtaining medical records, x-rays, and required referrals. Obtains and verifies insurance and demographic information. Individual acts as liaison between surgeon, nurse, and patient.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for training and orientating other PSR’s.
- Obtains insurance information from patients and counsels alternative ways for financial assistance.
- Registers all new patients, assisting with form completion.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquires from patients and third party payers.
- Explains billing process to other IBC staff.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other related scheduling duties.
- Assists with basic account maintenance activities.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Neurological Surgery.� This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account.� If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor.�� To attach these documents, go to:� My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type � Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
- Ability to type and use various software packages, and working knowledge of medical terminology.
- 2 years college or business school preferred.
- 3 years related experience in a medical office setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and able to do multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise good judgment.
- Expertise with Microsoft XP Professional, especially MS Word.