Description This position is open until filled.
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay Grade: 36
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Student Rights, this position provides a broad range of specialized administrative, staff and operational support in the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), using a range of skills and knowledge of institutional policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a central point of liaison with University of Tennessee departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day OED functions.
- Creates, composes, and edits technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
- Assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, gathers and computes various data; selects data, prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries.
- Monitors, reconciles, and assists with fiscal administration for the unit, including but not limited to budgets, funding, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing;
- Provides and/or oversees support activities for OED such as answering telephones, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing, proofreading completed materials and making corrections.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; schedules, coordinates and facilitates meetings, facilities usage, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
- Attends, records, and transcribes meeting minutes for ADA Advisory Council meetings.
- Processes accessible parking requests and supports the dissemination of correspondence to new employees disclosing a disability and employees who formally initiate the accommodation process.
- Identifies intake and refers students, faculty, staff, medical residents, post docs, patients and others to the appropriate offices and services within the University.
- Serve as an Assistant Deputy Title IX Intake Coordinator in addition to Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Clery Act.
- Presents information at new employee orientation and answers questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.