NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst
In this role, the successful candidate The Solutions Development - Analyst SRII is a seasoned professional providing advanced expertise in a complex professional discipline; mentors less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical/analytical development. This position serves as the Corporate Systems representative to support Corporate Systems automation as well as the functional and technical expert to support the PeopleSoft Financials user community. The position will work with Solutions Development Developers and corporate business process owners to collect user requirements and translate them into well engineered, tested, and deployed business application systems. This individual is the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow. They will develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops ,surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Performs complex tasks associated with application designed and development, coding, fixes, testing, maintenance and support.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs).
- Assist in project deliverables as required; Work with developers to understand and document program development requirements.
- Defining and conducting system tests and system validation; Assist in production support resolution as required.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in information systems, computer science, or related field. Typically requires 7 or more years of experience. Health care experience preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in PeopleSoft application support - systems design, testing, deployment and support of PeopleSoft v9.2 Financials applications (GL, AP, AM, PO, PC, GM, BI, RE, CC, IN, Workflowand ePro).Must have used standard IT methodologies, performed business analysis and documentation. Experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies. Production Support experience for PeopleSoft ERP Applications.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.