NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Medical Assistant (35).
In this role, the successful candidate provides assistance to the medical and nursing staffs with respect to the processing of all patientsseeking treatment by NYU Fertility Center. Particular emphasis is placed on the maintenance of examrooms and instruments in an environmentally safe manner, assisting with office procedures, phlebotomy and facilitating laboratory requests for patient evaluation.
- Turnover of exam and procedure room during office hours. Act as chaperone if needed during exams.
- Ensuring all pertinent information relative to patient visit is included in medical record. Escort patients from waiting area to physician offices, exam rooms, phlebotomy area,; provide updates to SO/ post surgical escorts.
- Perform phlebotomy and vital signs on patients as requested by physician.
- Completion of all requisition forms and online requisition entry relative to prescribed laboratory and surgical procedures. Respond to inquiries from patients/providers/laboratories/pharmacies in a professional manner.
- Thorough cleaning and sterilization of all instruments pursuant to established procedures. Adequate set up of all instruments and supplies for all exam and procedure rooms.
- Maintaining adequate stock of all supplies relative to infertility procedures and gynecological practice patients including but not limited to phlebotomy supplies, linen inventory and oxygen.
- File laboratory results. Act a liaison to laboratory representatives for policy and processing issues. Provide transport for STAT specimens to NYUMC laboratory & elsewhere.
- Record of pap smear results for all patients- referral of all abnormal values to RN and MD. Provide coverage for RN during lunch hour for duties related to patient processing.
To qualify you must have a High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in gyn medical office performing MA duties. Phlebotomy skill with excellent communication skill required.
Health Heart CPR
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.