| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Senior Associates perform highly complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Senior Associates perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include diagnosing, evaluating, overseeing and resolving highly complex projects. They have wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may serve in lead roles on complex programs or projects, and/or serve as a direct supervisor of a unit or group.I.T. Senior Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines, decision-making ability in situations related to those disciplines, and be able to serve as a resource in these areas. They may contribute to decisions on I.T. policies and technical standards.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT Senior AssociateFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe Graduate Center (GC) is the principal doctorate-granting institution of the City University of New York (CUNY). Offering more than thirty doctoral degrees from Anthropology to Urban Education, and fostering globally significant research in a wide variety of centers and institutes, the GC provides academic training in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Graduate Center is also integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, The Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theater that enrich and inform.Information Technology (IT) is the division of the GC responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information.The IT Senior Associate, Level 2/Senior Tech Support Specialist reports to the Assistant Director of Client Services. The incumbent will work directly with other members of Technology Support Services and collaborate with key IT groups and staff members. The Senior Tech Support Specialist is responsible for providing timely computer and network support to faculty and staff. The individual will be expected to build/customize and maintain both Windows and Mac images; support system software packages; use and maintain desktop management tools for Windows (SCCM) and Macs (Casper) for faculty and staff computers.Duties include but are not limited to:|
* Designs, plans, and maintains the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) server environment including installations, upgrades, configurations, customizations and reporting, and the development and support of Applications and workflows;
* Manages and maintains the Citrix XenApp environment, including profile management, printer management, patch Management, and policy configuration;
* Provides Tier 3 incident management and issue resolution services; coordinates day-to-day support, troubleshooting, and performance of routine administrative tasks;
* Analyzes and assesses client/server architecture requirements and identifies optimum cost-effective solutions;
* Works closely with other systems administrators and project managers to develop, plan and implement system enhancements and upgrades to identify support and technology advancements;
* Manages and administers system policies, repairs, and deployments and maintains agents on McAfee EPO to support applications/tools;
* Configures and manages the GC Digital signage system;
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library and supporting documentation;
* Collects, stores, and analyzes data relevant to Windows workstations in order to perform and report on configuration, compliance, software licenses, and other parameters as needed;
* In collaboration with the Windows end user groups, assists in, planning, analyzing, designing, developing, testing, configuring, installing, implementing, integrating, maintaining and managing of all production applications and tools on Windows workstations;
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and consistency by utilizing the ticket tracking system to create, escalate, prioritize and resolve incidents in accordance with service level and urgency level agreements;
* Assists with the development of policies and procedures for maintaining and upgrading enterprise systems management infrastructure; collaborates with desktop support technicians to ensure the proper utilization of Windows images;
* Works closely with IT operations and change management function to coordinate hardware and software changes;
* Oversees the inventory of hardware and software utilizing tools currently owned and validates against manual inventory;
* Acts as a liaison to software vendors to maintain critical systems including Microsoft Windows/Office, SCCM, and potentially Apple/ Mac;
* Provides documentation and training to peer/desktop support technicians on software/hardware issues; and
* Performs other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. An equivalent of ten years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: ten years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus eight years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus six years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This title has three levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSA preferred candidate should have:
* Bachelor's degree.
* 5-8 years of experience with Information Technology, including 4+ years support experience with networked PC equipment.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Windows (7/10), MS Office (2013/2016), and Apple OS X (10.6 – 10.8). Knowledge of Linux OS (Centos, Ubuntu) and management systems is a plus.
* Experience supporting digital signage systems.
* Experience supporting a VDI environment consisting of thin clients or zero clients that connect to a VDI (VMware or Citrix) backend.
* Experience with Anti-Virus (McAfee, Symantec), data loss prevention, and encryption applications.
* Experience with Enterprise Management Tools and desktop remote software (LanDesk, SCCM, JSS, Casper, etc.) for application delivery, patch management, and image deployment.
* Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills.
* Ability to write training guides and process documentation.COMPENSATION$92,014BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYClick on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload documents in Word or PDF format.CLOSING DATEApril 3, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Graduate Center*Job Title:
* IT Senior Associate, Level 2 (Provisional) / Senior Tech Support Specialist*Job ID: