| POSITION DETAILSQueensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Executive Director for Finance and Administrative Operations.One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Administrator for Finance and Administrative Operations is a key member of the executive management team overseeing and providing leadership to a staff of over 45 for Queensborough Community College's Tax Levy and Related Entities accounting, finance and administrative operations. Responsibilities include oversight and management of the College's business and administrative services operations, including: Budget Administration, Procurement Services, Receiving, Accounts Payable, Inventory Stores, Fleet Management, and Auxiliary operations.Duties & Responsibilities:|
* Develop and implement ongoing improvements and enhancements to the budgetary administrations, control and related business processes.
* Develop, implement, and maintain budget policies, procedures, and guidelines for the College to ensure annual and strategic goals are monitored and met.
* Act as campus liaison to the University Budget Office for budget administration purposes.
* Provide the College Cabinet with management, financial analysis and budget summary reports on a monthly/quarterly basis.
* Provide educational and training sessions to the College Community on budget procedures and policies.
* Provide financial analysis and reporting in support of major grant initiatives undertaken by the College as required by the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
* Lead and strategically structure the work the College's business, administrative and financial services operations to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
* Direct and oversee the day-to-day-accounting functions of the College & Related Entities.
* Coordinate and oversee the annual financial, A-133, and Related Entities audits.
* Recruit, motivate, direct, and supervise a staff of financial professionals to achieve these objectives.
* Direct the development and implementation of source-to-pay process fully utilizing CUNYfirst capabilities.
* Coordinate with stakeholders in departments to review source-to-pay processes and identify areas for business process re-engineering and training to optimize sourcing and supplier management, vendor relationships, efficient receiving, and timely and controlled settlement and payment.
* Provide direction and leadership to ensure end-to-end business function and process by optimizing sourcing and supplier management, vendor relationships, efficient receiving, and timely and controlled settlement and payment.
* Develop metrics and reporting structure for internal control, maximization of College resources and customer service.
* Represent the College on purchasing and contract matters, provide expertise and guidance during the bidding, selection, negotiation and contract processes.
* Manage the Board Resolution process for contracts and purchases as necessary.
* Liaise with College, University and governmental representatives.
* Serve as College Minority Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) Officer, responsible for attaining State and City goals of compliance.
* Represent the Vice President for Finance and Administration on various committees and task forces.
* Assist the Vice President for Finance and the Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer with special projects and other duties as assigned.POSITION OPEN TO CUNY EMPLOYEES ONLYQUALIFICATIONSThis position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below by the College.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* CPA or Masters' in Accounting preferred
* Experience directing finance or administrative operations for a large public organization.
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills necessary to prepare clear and concise correspondence and reports to all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills necessary to work proactively across the College and University.
* Ability to work with autonomy and exercise independent judgment in a fast paced environment.
* Direct experience working effectively within government and higher education institutions with shared governance.
* Demonstrated skill in the development of a team environment and the professional development of managerial subordinates.CUNY TITLEAdministratorCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with experience and qualifications.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYPOSITION OPEN TO CUNY EMPLOYEES ONLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMarch 27, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: ExecutiveEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Queensborough CC*Job Title:
* Executive Director for Finance and Administrative Operations*Job ID:
* 16428*Full/Part Time: