Resort development controller experienced with coordination of multiple profit centers, and simultaneous development activities. Directs accounting functions, including accounting policies, procedures and systems for the effective control and management of both project related construction/development activities, and ongoing operating businesses. Supplies management with real-time financial information to assist in the effective management of all operations. Controller is responsible for the verification and timely payment of all taxes, lease hold and other contractual or organizational obligations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to project team and home office on a consolidated and project level basis in accordance with US GAAP/IFRS
- Prepare entity and project level financial statements including monthly and annual closings and maintain real time “dashboard” for management access and review
- Prepare entity and project consolidation for integration/consolidation into corporate systems
- Handle cash management, loan draws and compliance reporting
- Coordinate business plans, forecasts, audits, budgets and special projects for the team and management
- Help select, mentor, and lead accounting staff with a focus upon continual staff development
- Assist annual budget preparations
- Maintain account records and cash flow projections
- Ensure all established accounting, records and data security standards and practices are upheld
- Seek continual process improvement and operating efficiencies
- Work extended hours, including weekends, as necessary to achieve the desired results for the portfolio
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Organizational Relationships: Interacts with operations teams, property management, leasing, and senior/corporate management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and active work environment necessitating the ability to work during non-traditional work hours when necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and Project
- Expert proficiency with Timberline, TimberScan, MRI and POS systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
- Flexible outlook toward task management
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Hospitality / Resort development controller experienced
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in multi-unit controller position
- Experience with CAM/Tax billings
- Experience with public accounting audits and compliance standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting: 50%
- Standing: 30%
- Walking: 20%
- Lifting: up to 25lbs.