Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1661
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Head Clerk for the Department of Ophthalmology. The Head Clerk will perform clerical office work such as document processing, financial record-keeping, and report compilation while assuming a lead clerical role.
- Receives, classifies, reconciles, interprets, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
- Maintains records and balances information for control purposes.
- Compiles complex reports, drawing data from a variety of sources within and outside of the department.
- Utilizes Excel workbook/ spreadsheets to reconcile timesheets with expected hours for the department VA service contract. Assembles and compiles data for reports. Inputs data into MediTract Terms database monthly.
- Reconciles general ledger balance with account statements and produces reports utilizing QuickBooks software.
- Prepares special reports and analyses within prescribed guidelines. Utilizes spreadsheet programs to develop budget reports. Develops presentations in PowerPoint.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities; arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations, as required. Produces and submits travel expense documents.
- Prepares requisitions for needed equipment, materials and supplies.
- Uses MarketPlace to complete purchase requisitions. Completes departmental check requests and other University forms and maintains logs and document records of same.
- Takes minutes at various department meetings, produces and distributes final copies. Tracks follow-up items for next meeting agenda. Produces meeting agendas.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Certification in a secretarial clerical program a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience with Quick Books, Excel, MediTract Terms, MS Office including MS Outlook, Access, and Powerpoint software packages required. Proficiency in typing and word processing skills required. Working knowledge of basic bookkeeping/ account balancing required.