This position provides administrative support to the anatomic pathology faculty and fellows. Hours for this position are 10 AM – 7 PM, Monday through Friday, providing support to our pathologists as well as our customers throughout the United States operating in different time zones. This position works as part of a team with other anatomic pathology administrative assistants and maintains a positive attitude in a chaotic work environment. This position will cross train to cover all clerical support positions, including but not limited to Consult Accessioning, AP Customer Service Center, Pathology Transcription, and AP Administrative Assistants.
- Maintain calendars and other organizational tasks for faculty.
- Maintain CV and other certification documents for faculty.
- Provide clinical support for faculty to include ordering stains, requesting materials, tracking clinical cases.
- Prepare weekly tumor board materials.
- Transcription of consult reports, surgical reports, letters and manuscripts.
- Special projects and other administrative requests.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent of education or experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar function.
- Course in Medical Terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to pay strict attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong ability to multitask and not let tasks fall through the cracks in spite of the constant interruptions throughout the day.
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills.
- Good communication skills whether in person, telephone or email with professional tone, correct grammar and spelling, and a positive, pleasant attitude.
- Work independently with some supervision.
- Problem solving skills; able to solve problems independently.Experience and aptitude with a variety of computer software programs, including but not limited to MiChart, Microsoft Office products and email systems.
- Ability to work as a team with diverse populations.
- Associate’s degree or hirgher.
- Previous UMHS experience.
- Previous experience in Pathology is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills is highly desired.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.