The research assistant will be responsible for performing routine lab work including media preparation, cloning, large-scale protein expression and purification, preparation of solutions and stocks and protein crystallization. Additional responsibilities include performing general lab administration, which includes organization and maintenance of lab databases and stocks, ordering, data entry and other duties as assigned. The applicant should be highly motivated with thorough, methodological and accurate work habits, and must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to multi-task, has good communication skills, and has, at the minimum, prior experience with molecular cloning. The laboratory has access to a state-of-the-art structural biology facility at Brown equipped with liquid handling robots, and instrumentation suitable for X-ray diffraction as well as other facilities for macromolecular biophysical characterization. This is a great training opportunity in structural biology. More information about the lab at www.deaconesculab.com
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a biological science or chemistry
- Technical: Biological laboratory experience is highly desired. Additional training will be provided as needed.
- Experience with PCR, Western blots, DNA and RNA purification is desired.
- Experience with protein purification is beneficial.
- Teamwork: Must be willing and able to provide technical support to laboratory personnel.
- Organizational: Must see to maintenance and organization of laboratory research activities.
- Interpersonal: Must interact well with other laboratory personnel, with members of the University community, and with outside vendors.
Criminal Background and Education Check Required.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-09-08:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.