NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Medical Assistant (37.5).
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for escorting patient into room, taking patient vitals, and retrieving patient record. Performs tests and cleans exam rooms
- Escorts patient into room, takes patient vitals, and retrieves patient record on computer in exam room.
- Chaperones female exams.
- Performs EKGs,venipuncture, attachesholters, takes oraltemperatures, andmeasures pulseoximetry.
- Responsible for keeping current certification at all times.
- Venipuncture - responsible for verifying patient information, entering data in electroniclab interface, and instructing patients in a clear matter while following all safety protocolsregarding the collection, storage and transportation of blood, as well as proper disposal ofall equipment used in venipuncture and adhering to OSHA standards at all times.
- Ensures cleanliness ofexam rooms inpreparation for nextpatient.
- Must be flexible withduties assigned tothem and be adaptableto assisting anyphysician in thepractice at any time.
To qualify you must have a Upon hire or entry into the position, must hold a current Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution
EKG preferred; PFTs- preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.