| Job Description: |
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The Global Markets Finance & Services (GMF&S) business provides cross product prime broker services (financing, custody, accounting, clearance/settlement, reporting) to hedge fund, institutional and broker/dealer clients globally. The business is centered in New York, London and Hong Kong, supporting clients on a regional and global basis. There are two distinct business units within the Prime Broker business: 1. Global Prime Broker (consisting of Domestic Prime Broker - DPB; Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corporation (MLPro), and International Prime Broker via Merrill Lynch International - IPB) 2. Exchange Member Clearing via ML Pro
- Issuance of daily regulatory and house margin calls for Prime brokerage clients.
- Monitor equity releases, including fed funds wires, delivery and receipt of securities (both free and vs. payment) and journals of cash and / or securities between accounts.
- Interface with the client, Bank of America Merrill Lynch management, Prime Brokerage Client Service, and Sales regarding various margin and risk issues.
- Ensure compliance with all FINRA and SEC regulations
- Focus on improving processes and controls.
- Accounting or Finance degree, CPA or CFA preferable
- Some knowledge of prime brokerage and hedge fund trading strategies such as Statistical Arbitrage, Convertible Arbitrage, long/short market neutral, stock picker, etc
- Familiarity with margin/capital regulations (15c3-1; NYSE Rule 431; FRB Regulation T & U, Client Portfolio Margining)
- Some knowledge of enhanced leverage products preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Posting Date: 13/03/2017
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40