• Must be a practicing Catholic with current catechist certification.
• Knowledge and understanding of and commitment to the Sion mission.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Theology or related subject matter.
• A minimum of three-five years Campus Ministry and teaching experience in a PreK-8 school
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
• Strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to interact with parents, faculty and staff.
• Flexibility and strong ability to work collegially with the faculty and support team.
• An accessible and approachable people personality with a good sense of humor.
• Self-confident and secure in one’s achievements.
• Able to set goals and accept professional feedback.
• Must demonstrate competency with school related technology.
• Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in leading and preparing
liturgical music and those with diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds.
Essential Job Duties
• Under the direction of the Grade School Mission Director and the Diocesan School Office, assist
in the revision and implementation of a PreK-8 religious education curriculum.
• Prepare monthly curricular guides for preK-3 grade teachers.
• Conduct bi-weekly theology classes for grades 4-8.
• Must be skilled in the areas of: classroom management, project-based learning, home/school
communication, and presenting challenging and creative content.
• Lead and guide the spiritual life of the grade school community.
• Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Grade School Mission Director, serve as
liturgical director for all Masses, prayer services, weekly
Chapel services, retreats, and interfaith prayer services.
• Collaborate with the Grade School Mission Director to ensure that Sion’s
mission is at the heart of our programming and student life.
• Work in collaboration with Mission Directors and HS Campus Minister to coordinate and support
annual Sion Feast Day Celebration and Mass.
• Maintain the chapel environment and procure needed supplies.
• Coordinate with priests for all school Masses.
• Serve as liaison to Diocesan Office.
• Communicate with parents of second grade students who are receiving the sacraments of
Reconciliation and Eucharist in their home parishes.
• Collaborate with the front office, facilities, and technology departments for set-up of campus
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Works in classroom environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied
and diverse array of contacts.
• Occasionally bend, stoop, and squat.
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
• Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled environment.
• Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude
assignments not mentioned.