The Friends’ Central Middle School seeks a dedicated, enthusiastic teacher of the humanities (language arts and social studies) for grades 6-8 for a full-time position beginning in August 2017. Qualified candidates will have experience teaching language arts and/or social studies, a bachelor's degree in a related field, and a passion for working with Middle School students. Although not required, an advanced degree is preferred. In addition to having a professional and educational background in the humanities, we seek someone who will:
- be an enthusiastic teacher and supportive guide for Middle School-aged students
- continue to develop and coordinate our language arts and social studies curricula with other faculty
- stay current with best practices in teaching and the teaching of the humanities, including incorporating technology and differentiating instruction
- be an engaged member of the Friends’ Central faculty and wider community
- have the mindset and ability to work in partnership with parents
- enhance the school’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity (outlined in our Diversity Statement, which can be found on Friends’ Central’s website)
- understand and be committed to the school’s Quaker values and mission
Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and an understanding of the developmental needs of students in grades 6-8. This position will also involve being an advisor and a coach, so candidates are asked to share any relevant experience in those areas.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume and three references. Please send those materials, with your files clearly named, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by: April 3
Job posting expiration date: April 3
Friends’ Central School seeks candidates with a commitment to fostering an inclusive learning community who will address issues of diversity, as well as enhance the Philosophy of Inclusivity and Awareness articulated in our Diversity Statement. For more information about Friends’ Central, visit www.friendscentral.org.