| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Access department is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to manage space for their rapidly growing team of ~100 professionals that serve as the front door to MSK for new patients.
A newly created role, the Facilities Coordinator will:
- Ensure that all areas of Patient Access, occupying three floors at 1114 First Avenue, including offices, conference rooms, waiting areas, administrative and supply areas, are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner.
- Ensure equipment is available and operational, and that supplies are well-stocked and refilled at all times.
- Be accountable for the quick and effective resolution of all concerns related to building maintenance and office
- Purchase all supplies for the department, creating and submitting purchase (under the direction of the Executive Director of Patient Access and her management team), tracking invoices and documenting expenditures.
- Act as “first line of defense” for troubleshooting with computers, phones and office equipment.
- Inform leadership team of complex problems and contact appropriate resource to resolve expeditiously.
- Be responsible for the implementation of Patient Access’ renovation and expansion initiatives, securing input and buy-in of stakeholders to meet goals, expectations, and deadlines.
- Work with Executive Director to forecast needs for additional space and partner with MSK Facilities to explore potential options.
- Manage the set-up for remote staff and, with front-line managers, the allocation of on-site space to teams and individuals.
- Assist in systems oriented projects including hardware/software purchasing, beta testing, maintenance, renewals, upgrades, installations, and relocations.
- A minimum of an Associates degree is required; a Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience.
- Project coordination/Project management experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to handle a range of projects simultaneously, seeing the big picture and being attentive to detail.
- Sound independent judgment; critical thinking skills and the ability to manage complex situations.
- A practical approach to high pressure scenarios.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.