| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As Project Manager, you will serve as an integral member of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) research team. The mission of the CMO is to promote precision oncology through genomic analysis to guide the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. The CMO brings together clinicians and scientists throughout MSKCC to conduct large-scale translational research involving molecular characterization of patient tumor specimens in order to identify correlations between genomic features and clinical outcomes.
You will be the primary point of contact with MSK investigators who are collaborating with the CMO and utilizing CMO services. You will coordinate the collection of biospecimens and clinical data for a portfolio of genomic research projects; track the progress of projects through data generation, computational analysis, and clinical interpretation; ensure compliance with IRB and HIPAA standards; and assist with presentation and manuscript preparation. You will work with experimental and computational biologists, clinical and translational research collaborators, and scientists in the MSKCC Center for Molecular Oncology.
- Bachelor’s degree in science with at least 5 years in a research related function, preferably related to molecular characterization.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of applicable research investigation experience is preferred
- Strong project management skills, including ability to create project plans, lead project teams, and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate, explain, interpret, share and present information on CMO related projects to investigators, staff, and appropriate external contacts.
- Excellent time management skills, especially involved the simultaneous management of multiple projects
- Knowledge of genomic technologies (ideally next-generation sequencing), bioinformatics tools, and laboratory skills in DNA quantification, nucleid acid extraction and quantization preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.