Project Manager - Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB)
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
In the role of Project Manager you'll be joining the Change function which reports to the Global Chief Operating Officer (COO) for Market Risk Management who directly reports to the Global Head of Market Risk. The function is responsible for initiating, driving and implementing change related programmes across all functions affecting Market Risk (MR). This includes strategic change projects, process improvements on MR's Risk Management Framework, Value at Risk (VaR), Stress Testing, Counterparty Risk and sensitivities ('Greeks') as well as managing the requirements definition and implementation of major global regulatory projects such as Basel III, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) and other cross-divisional projects where Market Risk Management (MRM) is a stakeholder.
Your primary focus will be on Project and Change management within the FRTB programme whilst providing support to other projects.
- Communicating at a detailed level with subject matter experts (SMEs) and at a high level with Senior Management
- Delivering documentation to an exceptionally high standard including project plans, status reports, business requirements, current state analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans and scripts as well as Senior Management presentations
- Critically evaluating technical documents including functional specifications to ensure that they are delivered to required standards
- Implementing and managing quality controls
- Assisting with all areas of the project life cycle including analysis, design, UAT testing, providing training and implementation
- Providing assistance to other projects within the team
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the FRTB regulatory framework
- Previous experience of working on an FRTB implementation whilst remaining involved in the detail
- Proven experience and knowledge of Market Risk
- An awareness of Counterparty Credit Risk and product knowledge
- Experience in managing multiple projects and the ability to self-manage project deliverables
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable skills in fact finding, analysis, problem solving and selling of the proposed approach to a variety of stakeholders, both inside and outside of the department
- Strong business and analytical skills
- Proven industry or investment banking knowledge
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Ability to build effective relationships with Information Technology and Operational delivery staff
- Pragmatic approach to delivering change
- Proven time and resource management skills
- Team orientated and motivated
- The ability to work on an autonomous basis or as part of team and be able to cope well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Adaptable and able to provide innovative solutions with a willingness to challenge senior stakeholders if required
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with a good knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Access, Visio and Project
- Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.