Prospect Sierra School, a prominent East Bay independent school, is seeking a full-time Middle School Spanish teacher for the 2017-18 school year.
Prospect Sierra is an independent, coed K–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California. Our mission “inspires students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills, and to become creative and independent thinkers.” The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) featured Prospect Sierra as a Model School of the Future, among only seven schools worldwide, in its publication A Guide to Becoming a School of the Future. Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org, for more information about the school.
Overview of Position:
The successful candidate will report to the Middle School Division Head and work with students in 5t h 8t h grades.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate four daily Spanish lessons grades 5 through 8
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Collaborate with the rest of the World Language Team to ensure cohesive delivery of the
- language program
- Teach a weekly elective (topic of your choice)
- Lead a student advisory and ‘family’ group
- Serve on a grade level team and work collaboratively with faculty team members
- Work with the technology and library departments to integrate various media into curriculum
- Participate in an overnight student study trip
- Participate in other school-wide activities throughout the year, such as committees, team and staff meetings, and occasional evening or weekend school events
Prospect Sierra School’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our hiring process. It is the policy and commitment of Prospect Sierra School that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. People of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.