| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
Working under the direction of the Variable Inforce Service Team Manager, the Representative must work to achieve the goals of their team by working both independently and with members of the team in order to provide accurate and efficient service. The Representative will have a proficient understanding of New York Life Variable Products and the systems that support our products in order to perform basic duties.
This role resides in NYL's Service Organization which strives to provide best in class service by making every service experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going. We are looking for customer focused, accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to and guided by a commitment to service excellence.
This position is responsible for processing fund transfers, allocation changes, automatic activity, partial withdraws, periodic partial withdraws and full surrenders on variable product policies. This position is also responsible for answering agent and client calls as back up support to our call center.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Establish and maintain high quality customer relationships - assessing customer administrative need and responding to them effectively and tactfully
- Transact financial and non-financial activity on client accounts including fund transfers, premium allocation changes, partial withdrawals, surrenders, automated investment activity and returned mail, as necessary and within regulatory guidelines
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of administrative systems and Variable Product Service Center products and services, annuities/life insurance, qualified and non-qualified plans, product options and features and regulatory and departmental standards and goals
- Assist with answering calls from customer service line and responding to agent and policy owner's questions and requests including point of call processing
- Provide up to date information on product specifications, including features, performance, current generic tax information, account balances, pricing inquiries, and transaction/processing explanations
- Develop an understanding of requirements of regulatory bodies including FINRA, SEC, IRS, and state insurance agencies
- Assist team members on a daily basis to complete unfinished work in order to meet Departmental and regulatory standards
- Associates, or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience
- High School Diploma, or GED (Required)
- 1 - 3 years of customer service and/or call center experience (Required)
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 license or, able to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge of life insurance and investment products, SEC, FINRA, IRS and state insurance regulations
- Accountable, ethical, good decision making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good computer skills and ability to multitask
Training & Development:
Customer Service Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8am - 6pm during the work week.
Competitive hourly wage between $19.00 - 23.00 dependent upon experience; plus a bonus incentive
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.