General Description Department: School of Medicine - Office of Human Subjects Research
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday-Friday / 8:00-5:00 p.m.
Work with programmers and system developers to identify system changes and enhancements required to maintain performance standards and system integrity. Carry out testing, implementation and troubleshooting for software and data systems. Work with system developers, programmers and vendors to identify and troubleshoot complex technical systems issues. Provide technical and administrative support to eIRB stakeholders. Utilize programming knowledge and analytical skills for routine system maintenance, modification or development of applications and solutions.
Essential Job Functions
* Collaborate with JHU IT Research Environment Systems (RES) to identify system changes required to improve performance of the eIRB system and maintain system integrity. * Develop timelines for implementation of system updates. * Contribute to project management process through tracking of activities and deliverables using the JIRA system. * Test eIRB programming changes in a development environment to ensure proper functioning and application flow. * Coordinate and manage update releases to the eIRB system. * Create and communicate summaries of system changes for various stakeholders. * Meet regularly with key internal and external operational groups, to assess system inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement. * Participate in vendor community forum conference calls.
* Work in partnership with key operational groups to develop, integrate and maintain an electronic submission system, compatible with the current eIRB system, for applications using a single IRB review process.
* Serve as a Learnshare Management System (LMS)/myLearning and CITI Administrator * Maintain and access IRB training records in LMS * Perform account maintenance (update email addresses, access CITI records to resolve discrepancies in myLearning completion data; merge records) * Create and maintain learning resources and facilitated sessions to meet human subject research certification and re-certification requirements; upload batch enrollment and completion data to update user accounts.
* Create and update help links within the eIRB system, communicate critical messages such as system downtime, routine maintenance or other important announcements to users, and correct application processing errors (e.g., uploading documents, correcting application status).
* Work in partnership with programmers and vendors as needed to establish needs and develop solutions to produce accurate data reports. Create routine and custom reports in support of the mission and functions of the JHU SOM Human Research Protection Program.
* Perform routine maintenance and monitor upgrade timelines for computer hardware. Provide general desktop support for desktops, laptops, servers, networks and printers. Troubleshoot and develop solutions for hardware and software issues. Coordinate technical aspects of onboarding new staff with JHU IT services.
* Provide technical assistance to eIRB users related to performance issues and error messages referred from the eIRB Help Desk.
* Assist with training IRB staff, IRB members, and eIRB users on the use of eIRB and training systems.
* Serve as back-up to the eIRB Help Desk.
Scope of Responsibility
Knows and follows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures of the Office of Human Subjects Research. This may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department. Works independently with little supervision.
May supervise 1-2 staff. The position will report directly to the IRB Director of Operations.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail. Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate.