Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The Research Analyst 3 collects, analyzes and reports information in response to non-routine internal and external ad hoc requests, including accreditation, enrollment management, and strategic planning. This position meets with CWU administration and staff to document report specifications and queries a data warehouse to collect data for display on CWU reports, focusing on dashboards. The Research Analyst also tracks and documents work requests, and collaborates with Information Services staff to advise on the creation of self-service tools such as dashboards and/or the addition and maintenance of new data elements to the data warehouse. Works with Information Services staff and the IE leadership in the development and maintenance of complex reporting systems.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Gather and analyze data necessary to complete reports. Track and meet all deadlines necessary to complete such reports.
- Respond to and track requests from the campus community, including accreditation, strategic planning, enrollment management, and deans/departments. Meet all requests in a timely manner.
- Plan, design, implement, maintain, and modify complex reporting systems in cooperation with other support staff.
- Develop and maintain processes for insuring data integrity. Check data for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare data files for analysis in accordance with office protocols.
- Document data elements and coding schemes.
- Gather and analyze information for data requests following federal, state and office protocols.
- Consult with clients to determine data needs. Extract data from university information systems and the office data warehouse. Collect data as needed from other university offices and external agencies.
- Prepare data sets for analysis and compute descriptive statistics. Present data in tables, graphs, web pages, slides, and narrative reports.
- Develop and implement datasets for reporting needs.
- Design and maintain specifications for reporting.
- Participate in gathering metadata and other activities related to the construction and maintenance of a university data warehouse.
- Participate in activities to review data and reports.
- Maintain database and web log for organizing and tracking data requests and web pages.
- Responsible for advising Information Services staff in website and dashboard construction.
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Bachelor's Degree including college-level course work in a computer programming language (e.g. SQL) and one year of experience working with higher education data
- an equivalent combination of education and experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Experience using word processing software such as MS Word, spreadsheet software such as MS Excel, and database software such as MS Access
- Experience applying proper use of grammar, punctuation and vocabulary to prepare detailed reports.
- Ability to acquire knowledge from new software applications as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Graduate work in statistics or mathematics or in qualitative fields of the social sciences, business, or education.
- Experience working in an institutional research/effectiveness office.
- Experience working with CWU data and information systems.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$3369/month with periodic increases up to $4418/month
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / WFSE Bargaining Unit 8 |
Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 24, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Wendi Hembree
Title: Secretary Senior
Phone: (509) 963-1856
Website: Institutional Effectiveness
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.