Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in all aspects of the athletic training program. Uses independent judgment to administer, counsel and provide sport medicine coverage to the athletes, athletic practices, games, matches and various activities. This position works closely with the Head Athletic Trainer for daily scheduling and identifying needs of the CWU intercollegiate athletes and the Athletic Department in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Athletic Injury Care:
- Assist and independently administer injury related services up to and including assessment, treatment, counseling to all student athletes during practices and games such as taping and rehabilitation using sport medicine prevention techniques.
- Prepare for practices, games and matches by taping all athlete injuries.
- Develop and manage a rehabilitation program for specific assigned sport areas to care for athletic injuries.
- Refer and monitor student athlete's progress when referred to other facilities.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments in athletics - administration, academics, sports information and strength and conditioning.
- Enter and track injury and treatment records of the student-athletes using injury monitoring system software.
- Make referrals and monitor student athlete's progress when referred to other facilities.
- Communicate with physicians about rehabilitation and treatment of student-athletes injuries.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Serve as a secondary point of contact for the Student Medical and Counseling Clinic to refer students for health related injuries and counseling services.
- Assist in management of the athletic training room, including equipping, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Assist and independently provide injury related services up to and including assessment, treatment , counseling to all student athletes during practices and games such as taping and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate staff and students for coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions.
- Travel with teams to seasonal events and provide athletic medical coverage/training.
- Work with game management for athletic events and help setup for visiting teams.
- Communicate with conference and non-conference schools on medical coverage at athletic events.
Student Athlete Insurance:
- Coordinate medical insurance requirements, insurance claims processing, billing and filing.
- Maintain contact with providers regarding student athlete insurance claims and athletics secondary insurance holder.
Graduate Assistants and Student Employees:
- Assist with training and leading of graduate assistants and student assistants in the athletic training room to perform functions of care, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries including making ice bags and facility cleaning.
-Other duties as assigned.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or related field and significant experience in a collegiate Division I, II or III program OR any combination of education and experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Certification through the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Professional Rescuer AED/CPR certification
- Washington State Athletic Training Licensure or eligible at the time of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse department, coaching staffs and university constituencies.
- Knowledge of physical therapy modalities and treatment protocols
- Ability to implement rehabilitation and manual therapy.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Sports Injury Monitoring System (SIMS) in order to track injury and treatment records of the student-athletes.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Master's degree in Athletic Training or related field preferred.
- Experience at a collegiate institution.
- Experience working with multiple user groups with varying degrees of physical activity.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$43,597 - $50,000 per year
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / 11 Month Appointment |
| Work is completed in indoor and outdoor environments and may have exposure to inclement weather including but not limited to the training room, gym, office, weight room, practice and competition fields. Work hours vary by sport season which will include weekends and evenings. Sports travel required with seasonal events. Perform various mobility movements to accommodate student injuries. May have exposure to blood borne pathogens. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: April 10, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Chris Thew
Title: Head Athletic Trainer
Phone: (509) 963-3238
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.