Requisition ID: req902
Job Title: Supervisor- Academic Testing
Department: Academic Testing
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Administrator/Executive/Manager
Employment Status: Board Approved
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Annual
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm; evenings and Saturdays based on operational need.
Job Description: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Supervises test administration activities and staff in the Testing Center by assigning and delegating tasks, providing direction and support, resolving work problems, communicating job expectations, training employees, and developing professional growth development opportunities. Develop staff resources aligned to strategic goals of Department, Division and College. Provides direct front-line service based on operational need.
2) Provides direction and leadership for frontline services across College Testing Services Department. Takes the Lead role in meeting with colleagues in Department for continuous improvement of frontline service. Evaluates and assesses effectiveness of testing center.
3) Create staff work schedule for operation to run appropriately and effectively. Approves leaves and authorizes overtime based on operational needs. Provide frontline coverage where vacancies exists.
4) This position will be responsible for working and supervising staff in multiple locations that administers both academic and vendor tests. Columbus State Testing Services is responsible for testing locations on the Columbus campus, Dublin, Reynoldsburg, Westerville, and the Community & Professional Center, and a partnership with the Delaware campus test center.
5) Conduct employee selection and training process. Staff training & development is ongoing and includes knowledge, skill and competency development; assignment of task and project focus with support, feedback and coaching for improved performance and mastery must be maintained.
6) Conducts annual employee evaluations, and effectively recommends pay increases, promotions and other personnel actions. Must use electronic staff database.
7) Contributes and makes recommendations for Department strategic plan, budget, menu of services, market opportunities, revenue goals and continual improvement of Center operations.
8) Administers disciplinary actions upon approval, and in collaboration with Human Resources. Carries out, explains, interprets and enforces policy.
9) Coordinates test administration, ensures a secure, safe and professional testing environment while meeting all Center and Vendor operational guidelines and practices. Ensure all staff obtain and maintain all Test/Vendor Proctor Certifications.
10) Conducts and assists with surveys and studies to identify center and students' needs.
11) Maintain a level of proficiency with Test Vendors product knowledge to leverage relationships to fully serve Center.
12) Maintains effective working relationships by responding to faculty, student, and other testing center requests within 24 hours. Routinely conducts information presentations about testing center within campus Departments.
13) Maintains inventory of testing center materials, documents, and test products. Monitors and orders required materials. Keeps accurate records. Completes and maintains required documentation and reports including test administration statistics.
14) Receives and catalogs all tests submitted by instructors, and administers and see to completed exams being returned in a secure and timely manner.
15) Maintains confidentiality of student records and other information.
16) Works assigned schedule; exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: standard supervisory principles and practices; computer software, programs and applications; test products and administration procedures. Ability to: apply supervisory principles to lead and engage others in daily work situations; work independently demonstrating initiative; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts and general public; maintain confidential and sensitive information; maintain accurate and complete work records. Coordinate multiple activities and tasks simultaneously. Skill in: verbal and written communications; general typing; application of job software; operating general office equipment; planning, scheduling, and organizing work; originating correspondence and promotional materials. This position will require a person that thrives in a fast paced, multi- faceted environment.
Bachelor's Degree in a closely related field, with at least 3 years progressively responsible test administration and supervisory experience. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in high volume, fast paced testing environment. Previous experience with Pearson Vue, other testing vendors and national tests administration. Master's degree also preferred.
Additional Information: Applications must include both a resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Cover letters should address candidate's experience with Pearson Vue, other testing vendors and national tests administration.
Also, in an additional document, please answer the following questions and attach to your application (required):
1. Describe your leadership style and your philosophy of management.
2. How do you set expectations for the team you lead and expectations for your direct supervisor? How do you lead up, down, and laterally?
3. Please describe your previous and your preferred work environments. Include the smallest and largest operations you have worked in and what made each environment successful and challenging.
4. Please share your experience balancing administrative and front-line service to students. How do you best manage your time in order to fulfill all work obligations and assignments?