NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Retail Associate-Food Service.
In this role, the successful candidate performs work of moderate difficulty in the preparation as well as serving of food and performs cashiering functions.
- Performs duties based on established practices learned in annual in-service training and procedures.
- Responsible to transport full bins for compost, recycle, and trash on the elevator to the appropriate holding area.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness of tables, chairs, counters and prep space within the Dining Room of all cash operation outlets.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the proper use and sanitation of all types of equipment needed in performing duties
- . Performs cash handling functions in all cash operation outlets.
- Collects, prepares, distributes, serves and stores food and supplies in all cash operation outlets, including merchandising within code compliance.
- . Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values of: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
To qualify you must have an Ability to read, write and speak English and demonstrate understanding and capacity to follow simple verbal and written instructions. Ability to handle cash transactions with accuracy.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.