NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Research Scientist.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for collaborating with Principal Investigators (PI) and working independently within the scientific framework of the PIs laboratory.
- May serve on internal committees to help further goals of research projects and bring new expertise to the research program.
- May coordinate the activity and experimental design between various labs, scientific staff, and collaborators. Identifies and resolves technical problems.
- May provide recommendations for equipment purchases and for the redesign of lab space.
- May make significant contributions to scientific papers. Is a resource/ author/ co-author for reports and presentations.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the advances in specialized fields through attendance of scientific conferences.
- May determine and establish laboratory policies, procedures and practices.
- Develops research techniques and methodologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May develop protocol for the collection and quality of research data.
- May be responsible research/lab quality control and compliance.
- May seek grant funding from external sources in support of their independent research projects with consent of the PI and the Department Chair. May participate in writing grant proposals.
- May provide students with technical guidance and direction in the operation of various sample preparation techniques, extraction lines, and equipment as well as general laboratory practices and safety protocols.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research projects.
- May manage the operations of a lab for the Principal Investigator by supervising Post Docs and technicians. Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of all instruments and laboratory facilities.
- Develops new ideas that promote current research. Exercises a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive scientific research programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or importance.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies or series of projects of lesser scope.
- Formulates and conducts research on problems of considerable scope and complexity.
- Initiates, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates research assignments critical to departments mission.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
To qualify you must have a MD or PhD and 5 years experience
Substantial experience from having completed Post Doc training. Established a record of publications
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.