NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support (coordinates and maintains calendars, creates and maintains various reports and databases, prepares and processes travel and expense reports, arranges weekly conference calls, answers office phones, sorts mail, fax, process invoices, filing, ect.) and other related administrative duties for an organizational unit or a department. Exercises independent judgment in the resolution of administrative concerns and issues. May provide guidance to the work of support staff as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Purchasing Deposits funds for FGP. Scans billing for FGP.
- Clerical Support - Performs general clerical duties (photocopy, fax, mails, and files, ect.) as needed. May order office supplies and organize department supply room.
- Reception/Public Contact - Provides back up support for reception as needed. Meets and greets clients, resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Filing/Mail Distribution - Develops filing systems, internal mailing processes and procedures.
- Scheduling/Coordinating - Manages calendar, makes complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties and conferences under minimum direction. Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences, cancel meetings based on knowledge of the subject and attendees. Recognizes and identifies information that can be disseminated and to whom, assists with special events planning. May organize travel logistic arrangements and itineraries as needed.
- Reports - Gathers data and information from various sources, prepares reports based on information compiled, determines report format and elements needed, reviews for format, content structure based on knowledge of department specification, research problems, issues and concerns, responds to requests for information, summarizes, and data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Word Processing/Typing - Serves as unit expert or lead over other clerical positions; independently respond to and compose correspondence. Types and proofreads memos and reports. Maintains and disseminates committee minutes; develops documents for presentation or meeting.
- Administrative Support - Provides administrative support for an organizational unit or a department to maintain and improve the workflow level and efficiency. Conducts research and provides basic reports of finding and makes preliminary recommendations.
To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree in a related field. Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience in an administrative support role or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in computer usage. Ability to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to proofread documents and write clear, concise 1st draft. Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.