The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as the Assistant to the Senior VP of NYUHJD Hospital Operations & the Musculoskeletal and RUSK Strategic Area. To qualify a Bachelors Degree plus five (5) years of progressive responsible office management or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Sr. VP of HJD Operations & the Musculoskeletal Strategic Area. Manages daily activities of office functions as liaison to other departments. Deals with confidential information and high level positions on a regular basis. Records minutes, schedules, meetings, prepares agenda for the Advisory Board meetings. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training and Orientation Orients new staff members. Instructs staff clearly in organization and procedures. Assists with orienting staff thoroughly to workplace (i.e. equipment, location of supplies, etc.) and to other personnel with whom they must relate.
- Vendor Management Interacts with vendors and suppliers concerning billing, pricing and related discrepancies. Keeps track of office and annual equipment maintenance orders. Checks vendor bills against departmental records and processes them in a timely manner. Investigates discrepancies and resolves issues with the vendor concerning billing and pricing issues. Reviews bill against purchase order or agreement in order to verify its accuracy.
- Office Management Ensures adequate support for office at all times. Establishes and oversees a well-organized functional system of record-keeping. Maintains and regularly updates the office Policy and Procedure Manual. Makes recommendation for SVP for needed office equipment.
- Liaison Functions as liaison for all interactions between SVP and others. Responds in a timely, discrete and confidential manner to all requests concerning sensitive issues. Functions as liaison by providing flexible, efficient and timely responses to the needs of the departments, faculty and staff. Composes information and prepares correspondence in a clear, concise and well organized manner. Works effectively and interacts independently with internal and external sources to solve problems.
- Administrative Support Provides support services to SVP of Hospital Operations in order to facilitate efficient operation of office. Helps to maintain calendar for SVP and efficiently schedules meetings, conferences, makes all travel arrangements, etc. Acts as a liaison between SVP and rest of organization to expedite communications. Handles confidential matters with appropriate urgency and discretion. Prepares all materials in professional manner through efficient use of staff and technology.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.