NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Business Office Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for answering phones, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications, verifying insurance, collecting co-pays and deposits, working Work Queues, and facilitating RCO and patient financial needs.
- Responsible for creating the patient estimate form and timely communication of the liability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Answer phones. Provide information, take messages or redirect calls to the appropriate person.
- Assist with verifying insurance for pre-loaded appointments into Epic.
- Obtain insurance verification for treatments and diagnostic procedures and record in the appropriate system.
- Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with office and clinical staff.
- Exercise skill in prioritizing assignments in order to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, assignments, and pressures of deadlines, competitive requirements and/or a heavy workload.
- Demonstrate communication skills: using appropriate vocabulary and grammar when obtaining and conveying information to physicians, nurses and staff at various levels; in person, over the phone, in writing and in electronically sent messages.
- Ability to be flexible regarding responsibilities when needed. All other related duties as required.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma and 1 year experience in patient accounts or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of Front end hospital registration and /or practice operations is a must. Knowledge of insurance companies verification and benefit tools including web sites etc. Ability to compose and edit logical, detailed, comprehensive and grammatically correct correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of personnel including patients, families, physicians and staff. Knowledge of medical terminology. Experience and competency with varied computer hardware and software, including registration and billing systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling, communications. Training on appropriate systems will be provided. Ability to handle matters of highly confidential and sensitive nature. Ability to recognize and identify problems, recognize implications and propose alternative solutions. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner. Skill in working independently and in following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Associate's Degree plus 2-3 years experiences in hospital admissions or medical records or patient accounts or in related field. EPIC experience is a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.