NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Coordinator - Admissions.
The coordinator serves as the primary liaison between prospective students and the Medical School Admissions office. The Admissions Coordinator assists the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Associate Dean of Admissions in planning activities to ensure an optimal student experience in accordance with established expectations. This position reports directly to the Assistant Dean for Admissions and is also accountable to the Associate Dean of Admissions.
- Assist with the orientation and development of new associates.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and assists in implementation of process improvements
- Monitors deadlines and notifies the Assistant Dean and Associate Dean when issues arise in a timely manner
- Assists with administrative aspects of the Office of Admissions as needed
- Assists in coordination of Webinar for prospective students
- Serves as main point of contact for students during Revisit
- Assists with coordinating various events and activities related to annual Revisit for admitted students
- Assists with admission programs and projects related to student recruitment and marketing.
- Assists with processing of applications for prospective students and ensure the files are complete with required documentation (includes financial aid, housing, health forms, and transcripts as necessary).
- Collaborates with and maintains positive relationships with all contributors to the admission process to ensure the best experience for the students, including faculty, Deans, and staff/management within the Offices of Admissions, Student Affairs, and Medical Education. Assist all constituents with issues or concerns.
- Responsible for all communications with prospective students post-interview
- Escorts students to various locations within the Medical Center as needed
- Meets and greets students on interview day
- Responds to all inquiries from prospective students including via telephone, IM and email
- Notifies applicants of their application status on a continuous basis until a final decision is made on their application
- Provides accurate and timely information to prospective students regarding admission to NYUSOM
- Is customer service oriented and represents NYULMC and the Office of Admissions to all prospective students.
- Serves as the main point of contact for prospective students and creates a student-friendly environment
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree. The equivalent in relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements. Minimum one to three years education or healthcare experience, preferably in the academic setting, or other directly related experience required. Strong project coordination and customer service experience. Skills and Training Solid written and oral communication skills. Solid organizational skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to work on several projects simultaneously and under tight schedules. Moderate-advanced computer proficiency, including, standard office software applications. Ability to use all basic office equipment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.