NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates the purchasing & inventories of departmental supplies & equipment, within established budgets and protocols. Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the department, including maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities. Maintains and analyses data on purchases and equipment inventories. Coordinates administrative activities for the department in order to ensure that all assigned tasks, stated responsibilities, & the overall service are performed & provided in an effective, efficient & timely manner. Develops and maintains systems for data collection and analysis, integrating data collection into work processes, collaborating with data producers and users within the department to identify needs and continually improve data collection and distribution methods. Coordinates our role providing services to all internal and external customers and colleagues, to ensure we meet their needs effectively and efficiently. Supports and coordinates projects, meetings, and special events. Coordinates all Human Resources functions of the department, including processes for hiring, IT access, payroll & benefits, and termination. Performs & participates in other job related duties as required. Reports to Senior Director and Director, Patient Access
- Office Management - Ensures that our assigned tasks and services are performed & provided in an effective, efficient & timely manner to support our primary functions within the medical center. Organizes & assists with clerical support of department projects or high volume special tasks (photocopy, fax, mails, & files, data entry, sorts & distributes mail, etc.) & related duties as needed. Develops policies, procedures and systems to ensure productive and efficient administrative operations. Interprets administrative & operating policies & procedures for employees, supervises & trains staff to assist with administrative functions. Establishes & maintains complex filing systems for the confidential storage & retrieval of internal/external correspondence, records, reports, & documents & keeps records of the movement of file materials. Continually analyzes operating practices & procedures to create new &/or to revise existing methods, simplifies reporting procedures, improves customer services or implements cost reductions, & solves unusual problems. Maintains department records, including personnel files, payroll files, archives of reports and projects, budget documents, correspondence, expense reports, invoices, for the duration of required retention.
- 'Data, Reports, & Information - Independently gathers, enters, updates and analyzes data to monitor & maintain departmental records of inventory management, purchasing, payroll, compliance, administrative and human resources activities. Uses judgment & discretion to compile, verify, interpret & analyze data for reporting on department functions and metrics of performance and compliance, prepares reports, identifies discrepancies & makes corrections, & makes recommendations based on subject matter knowledge. Helps develop databases & data analyses, manages online storage of data for efficient & productive use & retrieval. Orients managers and staff to data needs and processes of the department. Assists department customers within the medical center with requests for information, with reports of errors in data or with questions about procedures.'
- Customer Liaison - Works with Nursing Logistics Managers, Patient Advocates, and other regular customers to maintain ongoing communication & identify & resolve any issues promptly & effectively. Assists in communicating with other registration managers to ensure we disseminate and obtain information promptly whenever needed. Coordinates the data & production of the Friends & Family e-mail report.
- Project Support - Assists department leadership in planning & implementation of projects & process improvements. Manages project timelines, the production & distribution of materials, & other logistics. Helps design & develop project material & reports; coordinates & monitors project budgets & data collection. Coordinates & schedules meetings, conferences, calls, & special events, and arranges required resources (i.e. Technical, A/V, etc.). Develops & distributes records, minutes, documents, & agendas. Makes complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties under minimum direction.
- Coordinates HR functions - Coordinates time-keeping and payroll functions with departmental supervisors. Tracks staff training, employee health assessments, and performance audits and evaluations, identifying & resolving any gaps or discrepancies. Assists as needed with training, performance audits, quality assurance audits, reporting, and improvement and with testing of required competencies and knowledge. Coordinates and facilitates career ladder & training schedules. Assists with development of training and competency evaluation materials.
- Resources - Ensures that space & equipment in all our work areas is maintained, organized, welcoming & private, with needed supplies, mandated signs & materials, & the most current versions of forms & information. Ensures routine maintenance & repairs are performed. Maintains par levels of all necessary current versions of materials, establishes systems with staff in each department area to track and report on stored and needed material. Maintains an inventory of all supplies & equipment. Ensures that all outdated and unusable equipment and supplies are properly disposed. Maintains and analyses data on all purchases and equipment inventories. Assists in monitoring departmental expenditures& petty cash vouchers, reconciles accounts payable. Prepares & tracks orders & requisitions. Provides reports on expenses and identifies expense reduction opportunities, as well as ways to streamline ordering and reduce storage needs. Manages office services & procedures, including messenger and courier services for the Department. Coordinates independently the purchasing & inventories of departmental supplies costing less than $2,500 at one time, & equipment costing less than $200 at one time, within established budgets and protocols. Coordinates requisitions & bids for supplies within budget guidelines & department timelines with Purchasing & Materials Management, Telecommunications & MCIT, Printing Services, & other sources of department supplies, forms, & purchased services. Coordinates with internal services & external vendors. Maintains all vendor contracts and purchasing agreements, to ensure that we have necessary purchasing & maintenance contracts & sources, receive accurate bills, & efficient service, and provide clear & prompt communication.
To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree in a related field. Minimum of two years of related experience in an administrative support and/or Patient Access Associate or Senior Associate role Ability to exercise administrative judgment, resolve routine and moderately complex difficulties & assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, & results. Able to work as part of a team & willing to back up others. Able to interpret and implement policies and procedures, and effectively communicate detailed information to a diverse population, both verbally and in writing; excellent problem-solving skills is required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, able to interact effectively with all levels of management. Can communicate effectively with both internal & external customers. Able to proofread documents & write clearly & concisely. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point & Access. Can develop basic spreadsheets; set up routine computer procedures, access e-mail, electronic calendars, & other basic office support software. Good organizational skills, able to handle a variety of projects simultaneously & prioritize effectively while paying attention to details. Able to work well under pressure, & maintain a professional & positive attitude while effectively meeting deadlines. Knowledge of modern office standard practices & procedures. Can use standard office equipment such as copy machines, multi-line telephones, fax machines
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.