AMBULATORY CLINIC MANAGER - PRIETO 00119630
: Mar 10, 2017, 11:22:45 AM : Apr 8, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M. Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
: Health and Hospital Systems
Ambulatory and Community Health Network (ACHN)
2424 S. Pulaski Ave., Chicago, IL 60623
Working closely and directly with thePhysician Leader, plans, directs, organizes, and controls activities within aCook County Health and Hospital System (CCHHS) community health center and/orfor service line. Oversees all aspects of center operations and provision ofpatient care services including management of clinical, administrative andinterdisciplinary staff, patient access and flow, resource allocation and thequality service delivery for assigned area. Is accountable for staffmanagement, financial performance, labor productivity, adherence to patientaccess and practice standards, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance.
Responsible for effectively andindependently initiating, delegating, supervising and monitoring functionswithin the center, including resource allocation, work assignments,determination of daily work priorities and actions required to meet deadlinesand resolve problems.
Responsible for 24 hour administrativemanagement accountability and day-to-day management of multi-provider group(s)practices or service line. Establishes collaborative partnership with physiciansite leadership to achieve system goals and objectives for the practice orservice line. Works with Nursing leadership on implementation of approvedclinical practices and standards.
Thisposition is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Reviewsroutine and ad-hoc reports that provide information on practice volumes, cycletime, provider productivity, fiscal year (FY) statistics, sharing informationwith staff.
- Maintainsand approves provider templates to ensure they meet the standards set forth bySystem goals; discusses variances with lead provider and develops action planas required.
- Ensuresthat all practice Provider and ancillary encounters are billed withinestablished timeframe.
- Managescenter's operating and capital budget, monitors personnel and general expenses,responding to variances.
- Ensuresthat staff fully utilize IT systems and are up to date on CCHHS registrationand insurance plans requirements.
- Providesadequate staffing coverage on a daily basis—prepares and posts schedules intimely manner.
- Monitorsvacancy and turnover rates – develops action plans to meet daily requirementsthat provide appropriate standard of care.
- Recommendsadjustment for ongoing staffing model in accordance with care needs of thepopulation.
- Auditsstaff productivity and develops established benchmarks for performance- addressesperformance deficits with individualized staff improvement plans.
- MaintainsAttendance and Tardiness Records; prepares and administers discipline for abuseof policies and procedures and non-adherence to clinical practice standards.
- Conductsmonthly meeting with staff to discuss System generated information, reports andother pertinent information presented in management and leadership meetings.Maintains records of meetings, including attending roster.
- Ensuresstaff meets PCMH and clinical practice requirements, including providingpatient access, doing daily huddles, patient screening, pre visit planning,reminder calls and follow-up calls to increase show rates.
- Overseesand maintains timekeeping for staff and maintains acceptable levels of overtime.
- HandlesPatient Complaints and initiates Recovery; documents, tracks patient concernsand conducts patient interviews and follow-up.
- Respondsto EMERS reports in an acceptable time frame.
- MonitorsPress-Ganey data regularly. Reviews anddisseminates to staff with subsequent plans to improve the patient experience.
- Monitorsstaff customer relations performance.
- Conversesand engages patients to collect feedback and to address concerns related to patientexperience.
- Trackspatient activity daily through dashboard, identifying trends.
Orderingand Expense Management
- Ordersall medical consumables, office supplies, printed forms, according toestablished procedures for P-Suite.
- Maintainsinventory of all office and clinical supplies; Ensures appropriate storage inaccordance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Submitsinvoices for payment to vendors for supplies, services and equipment received.
Implementsevidence-based standards of clinical practice to support PCMH concepts,population health, quality improvement and the Triple AIM (excellent qualityand service and efficiency)/ simultaneously improving the health of thepopulation, enhancing the experience and outcomes for the patient and reducingper capita cost of care. As assessed through data from IT system:
- Ensuresthat patient care is delivered within CCHHS established service standards,regulatory requirements and professional standards of care.
- Ensuresthat staff is oriented, trained and competent to provide excellent patient careand service.
- Tracksclinical performance indicators and develops action plans.
- Ensurescare is coordinated across the continuum to promote positive patient outcomesand efficiency.
- Identifiesopportunities for process improvement and initiates improvement efforts withinthe clinic to increase or exceed established metrics.
- Ensuresappropriate patient education and engagement strategies are implemented.
- Maintainsenvironment of care in accordance with regulatory and licensing standards. Responsible for ensuring that offices andpublic areas of the practices are clean and in order.
- ConductsRounds with Environmental Service and Facilities staff to identify deficienciesand to develop corrective action plans.
- Ensuresthat appropriate levels of supplies are stocked in clinical areas as required.
- Ensurethat equipment is in good working order or tagged if not working.
- Assistsas required with new patient initiatives.
Additional Management Responsibilities
- Workswith Human Resources in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff:
- Overseesthe scheduling of clinical and support staff based on patient care needs
- Ensuresthat interdisciplinary staff, contractual staff, students and volunteers meetkey CCHHS performance requirements.
- Preparesand completes Request to Hire (RTH) Packets for submission to Human Resources.
- Resolvesconflicts between staff.
- Maintainsrelevant personnel files.
- Workswith Human Resources to ensure the proper documentation and maintenance ofWorker's Compensation and FMLA records.
- Worksclosely with Human Resources to ensure practice compliance with all local,state and federal laws and guidelines including OSHA, ADA, FMLA and regulatoryrequirements including IDPH, CMS and The Joint Commission.
- Ensurescompliance with HIPAA, emergency and disaster preparedness communication, MSDS(global harmonized system), sexual harassment, universal precautions,confidentiality, security and privacy.
- Ensurescompliance with annual staff training and documentation requirements.
- Ensuresall clinical staff is current on licenses, CPR and other job requirements.
- Followsdowntime procedures for all defined emergency codes at site (computer downtime,electrical, fire, etc.).
- Makessure Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and Quality Management policies arebeing followed.
- Travelsto various locations within the Cook County Health and Hospitals System.
- Performsall other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Reportsto the Regional Director
- Bachelor'sdegree from an accredited college or university is required. Must provide official transcripts at timeof interview.
- Five (5) years supervisory or management experiencein a health care environment isrequired.
- Three (3) years of experience in a management role inhealth care or in a clinical practice isrequired.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Travelto various Cook County Health & Hospitals System work sites is required.
- Abilityto work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends is required.
- Three (3) years' experience as a Registered Nurse witha Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university ispreferred.
- Master'sdegree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Five (5) years of clinical practice experience is preferred.
- Previouswork experience in a union environment ispreferred.
- Certificationin one or more of the following areas ispreferred:
- CertifiedMedical Manager
- CertifiedPhysician Practice Manager
- CertifiedMedical Practice Executive
- CertifiedMedical Office Manager
- CertifiedAdministrator in Physician Practice Management
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills,Abilities and Other Characteristics
Whenapplying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System,preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in theArmed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuousservice
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical,Dental, and Vision Coverage
- BasicTerm Life Insurance
- PensionPlan and Deferred Compensation Program
- EmployeeAssistance Program
- PaidHolidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Youmay also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program(PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degreesawarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in oneof the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by anapproved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the NationalAssociation of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association ofInternational Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offersof Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactoryprofessional & employment references, healthcare and criminal backgroundchecks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of aphysical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER